Sep 17, 2015, 2:19 PM EDT
Hofstra’s women’s lacrosse team plans to host the eighth annual Nick Colleluori Women’s Classic in conjunction with the HEADstrong Foundation next weekend. According to the release via gohofstra.com, the event takes place at James M. Shuart Stadium and the surrounding fields from 9 a.m. to 6 p.m. on Saturday, September 26.
A total of 15 programs compete in the event, including Hofstra, Stony Brook, Wagner, Binghamton, Le Moyne, LIU Post, NYAC, HEADstrong, Iona, Manhattan, UMass Lowell, LIU Brooklyn, Central Connecticut State and Adelphi.
Each squad will show support via their cleat laces, or Laces for Lymphoma, to show their support for the cause. At the same time, Hofstra says each team will be engaged in service by selling awareness shirts on their campuses to help contribute to the fundraising total.
Again, according to the HU release, “A member from each team will be selected to be the recipient of the Nicholas Colleluori Award, which is presented annually to a player from each participating team whose contributions both on and off the field are transforming the landscape of their represented program.”
The HEADstrong Foundation will be in attendance, sharing their mission and selling awareness merchandise. All proceeds will directly support the HEADstrong Foundation.
Nick Colleluori was a member of the Pride lacrosse team from 2004 to 2006 and graduated from Ridley High School (PA) in 2004. Nick may have lost his battle with blood cancer on November 28, 2006, but his vision has just begun.
Learn more about the event and Nick by reading the Hofstra athletics release story.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week