Sep 17, 2015, 10:54 AM EST
Label this news out of Newark, Del., as awesome.
On Tuesday, Delaware announced that the program’s “Hens All-Access” multimedia streaming portal will broadcast Saturday’s men’s soccer match against Columbia entirely in Spanish.
The broadcast, as always on Hens All-Access, can be seen for free and in HD. The contest versus the Lions starts at 7:00 p.m., while fans can tune in around 6:45 for early coverage.
According to UD’s release, “The broadcast’s production will be completely in Spanish from the play-by-play to commercials to graphics. Additionally, the game will be broadcast for free, in high definition, and on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets while an archive of the broadcast will be available on the Delaware Athletics YouTube page the following day. This is believed to be the first broadcast of its kind in HD and on the East Coast.”
Our good pal at UD, Jimmy Smith, said via bluehens.com, “Our player’s families and friends watch our broadcasts at all hours of the day depending on their location and we’re excited to give them a product that celebrates their support,” Smith, the Assistant Athletics Director of Multimedia Services said. “This has been about a year in the making and we’re ecstatic to see it come to fruition.”
In all, the current Delaware men’s soccer roster features six players who hail from Spain.
We at the CAA think this idea is simply increible. Well done, Hens, well done.
- Maine Falls At Eastern Washington In Semifinals Of FCS Playoffs
- Cignetti Takes Over As Head Football Coach At James Madison
- CAAFB Going Deep - Villanova
- CAA Campus Connected: Breaking the Stigma
- Four CAA Football Players Selected To Walter Camp All-America Squad
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinal Preview
- Northeastern's Swartz Invited to MLS Combine
- Two CAA Volleyball Players Named AVCA All-Americans
- Zazenski, JMU Staff Named Atlantic Region Staff of the Year
- CAA Football Has Eight Players Chosen As Associated Press All-Americans
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.