Sep 17, 2015, 10:54 AM EST
Label this news out of Newark, Del., as awesome.
On Tuesday, Delaware announced that the program’s “Hens All-Access” multimedia streaming portal will broadcast Saturday’s men’s soccer match against Columbia entirely in Spanish.
The broadcast, as always on Hens All-Access, can be seen for free and in HD. The contest versus the Lions starts at 7:00 p.m., while fans can tune in around 6:45 for early coverage.
According to UD’s release, “The broadcast’s production will be completely in Spanish from the play-by-play to commercials to graphics. Additionally, the game will be broadcast for free, in high definition, and on mobile devices such as smart phones and tablets while an archive of the broadcast will be available on the Delaware Athletics YouTube page the following day. This is believed to be the first broadcast of its kind in HD and on the East Coast.”
Our good pal at UD, Jimmy Smith, said via bluehens.com, “Our player’s families and friends watch our broadcasts at all hours of the day depending on their location and we’re excited to give them a product that celebrates their support,” Smith, the Assistant Athletics Director of Multimedia Services said. “This has been about a year in the making and we’re ecstatic to see it come to fruition.”
In all, the current Delaware men’s soccer roster features six players who hail from Spain.
We at the CAA think this idea is simply increible. Well done, Hens, well done.
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Jan. 17
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Jan. 17
- #CAAHoops Featured: JMU's Stuckey Mosley
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Jan. 16
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Jan. 15
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Jan. 15
- WBB Home Cookin' on Sunday
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 13
- WBB Thrilled on Friday Night
- Men's Basketball Tournament Tickets On Sale