Jul 16, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Three Drexel University softball players — rising senior Paula Ueno, rising junior Kim Chan and recent graduate Rose Portiolli — will represent their native home country, Brazil, in the upcoming Pan American Games.
Team Brazil squares off against tournament host Canada on Sunday, July 19. Learn more about the tournament here.
Ueno was a First Team All-CAA selection last spring for the Dragons, leading her squad with a .401 average. She’s also been a member of the Brazilian National Team since 2010 and previously played in the 2013 Pan American Games. Chan was a All-Rookie team honoree in 2014 and finished last year with 37 starts and 12 RBI. Like Ueno, Chan has experience in the Games as well, having last played in 2011 for Brazil.
All three Dragons are originally from Sao Paulo.
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Towson
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston vs UNCW
- Women's Soccer Weekly Report - Aug. 21
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Stony Brook
- Byrne Named MLL Rookie of the Year
- CAA Announces Launch Of New OTT Applications
- CofC Picked to Win 2017 VB Title
- JoeyD vs. the #CAAChamps
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Richmond
- CAA Partners With CBS Sports Digital