Jul 16, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Three Drexel University softball players — rising senior Paula Ueno, rising junior Kim Chan and recent graduate Rose Portiolli — will represent their native home country, Brazil, in the upcoming Pan American Games.
Team Brazil squares off against tournament host Canada on Sunday, July 19. Learn more about the tournament here.
Ueno was a First Team All-CAA selection last spring for the Dragons, leading her squad with a .401 average. She’s also been a member of the Brazilian National Team since 2010 and previously played in the 2013 Pan American Games. Chan was a All-Rookie team honoree in 2014 and finished last year with 37 starts and 12 RBI. Like Ueno, Chan has experience in the Games as well, having last played in 2011 for Brazil.
All three Dragons are originally from Sao Paulo.
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors
- Heck Named Assoc. Commissioner For Compliance
- Nine Named to NABC Honors Court
- CAA Social Showdown: UNCW
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Hofstra at Drexel
- CAA Football Media Day To Kick Off 2017 Season
- CAA Social Showdown: James Madison
- CAA Social Showdown: Hofstra
- CAA Social Showdown: Elon