Jul 16, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Three Drexel University softball players — rising senior Paula Ueno, rising junior Kim Chan and recent graduate Rose Portiolli — will represent their native home country, Brazil, in the upcoming Pan American Games.
Team Brazil squares off against tournament host Canada on Sunday, July 19. Learn more about the tournament here.
Ueno was a First Team All-CAA selection last spring for the Dragons, leading her squad with a .401 average. She’s also been a member of the Brazilian National Team since 2010 and previously played in the 2013 Pan American Games. Chan was a All-Rookie team honoree in 2014 and finished last year with 37 starts and 12 RBI. Like Ueno, Chan has experience in the Games as well, having last played in 2011 for Brazil.
All three Dragons are originally from Sao Paulo.
- CAA Weekend Preview - Oct. 20
- CAA WBB Media Day Teleconference Wrap-Up
- Mack, Messer Added To National Award Watch Lists
- JMU WBB Picked Atop Preseason Poll
- Watch Women's Basketball Media Day Show
- CAA Men's Basketball Media Day Teleconference
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 8 Preview
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Oct. 18
- Hofstra's Stergiou Named Golfer of the Week
- UNCW's Cover Earns Golfer of the Week