Jul 16, 2015, 4:15 PM EDT
Three Drexel University softball players — rising senior Paula Ueno, rising junior Kim Chan and recent graduate Rose Portiolli — will represent their native home country, Brazil, in the upcoming Pan American Games.
Team Brazil squares off against tournament host Canada on Sunday, July 19. Learn more about the tournament here.
Ueno was a First Team All-CAA selection last spring for the Dragons, leading her squad with a .401 average. She’s also been a member of the Brazilian National Team since 2010 and previously played in the 2013 Pan American Games. Chan was a All-Rookie team honoree in 2014 and finished last year with 37 starts and 12 RBI. Like Ueno, Chan has experience in the Games as well, having last played in 2011 for Brazil.
All three Dragons are originally from Sao Paulo.
- Maconaghy Honored As 2019 David M. Parry Award Recipient
- Post-Season Honors Continue To Roll In For CAA Baseball Standouts
- Three Named IWLCA All-Americans
- Four CAA Football Players Named To Athlon Preseason All-America Team
- Fairfield Names Andrew Baxter Men's Lacrosse Head Coach
- Elon's Kirby Receives Third-Team All-America Honors From Baseball America
- CAA Student-Athletes Close Out NCAA Track and Field Championships
- CofC's Archer Called up to Trinidad & Tobago Gold Cup Squad
- W&M's Smith, Towson's Flacco Receive Baseball Academic All-America Honors
- CAA Football Has 16 Players Recognized On HERO Sports Preseason All-America Squad
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.