May 13, 2015, 10:05 AM EST
On Monday, US Lacrosse announced the 108-player tryout pool for the 2015-16 U.S. Women’s National Team, with six players from the CAA selected to the list, including five who played this spring. The tryouts are held from June 12-14 at Johns Hopkins University in Baltimore, Md.
The five players from the conference that played this season include four seniors – Delaware’s Caitlin McCartney, Hofstra’s Brittain Altomare, James Madison’s Stephanie Finley and Towson’s Kelsea Donnelly. The lone underclassmen picked for the tryout was William & Mary sophomore Shannon Quinn. All of the seniors named to the tryout were also First Team All-CAA honorees this past season. Former Madison standout Kelly Rabil (Berger) also was named to the tryout pool.
Altomare was named CAA Player of the Year, recording 81 points on 39 goals and 42 helpers. Finley, who was named Co-Player of the Year as a junior in 2014, totaled 62 points with 48 goals and 14 assists. McCartney netted 37 goals with six assists and Donnelly started all 18 games in net, registering a 8.56 goals against average and 138 total saves.
Quinn finished second on her team with 23 goals during her sophomore campaign.
According to the organization, over the three-day tryout, approximately 36-40 players will be selected to the women’s National Team, which will train in the lead-up to the 2017 Federation of International Lacrosse (FIL) Women’s World Cup in Guildford, England. By the end of the process, 18 players will represent the U.S. as the team goes for a third consecutive and eighth overall world title.
A total of seven players from the squad that won gold at the 2013 FIL World Cup in Oshawa, Ontario, return to try out, including former Duke Rabil (Berger). She was a two-time All-American at JMU (graduating in 2007).
- Rowley, Seibring Named Academic All-District
- W&M's Green Named CoSIDA Academic All-District
- #CAAHoops Weekly: First Place Battle Ahead
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - Feb. 21
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 21
- UNCW's McShea, WM's deFisser Named Golfers of the Week
- Palmetto Exterminators Presents Free Hoops For Kids Program
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Feb. 20
- Baseball Weekly Honors - Feb. 20
- Softball Weekly Honors - Feb. 20