Mar 31, 2015, 11:25 AM EDT
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Shannon Hawley • Delaware
Junior | A | Camillus, N.Y./West Genesee
Junior Shannon Hawley had seven goals over two games for Delaware. The attacker had a pair of goals and a draw control against Canisius to start the week. Hawley was instrumental in the Blue Hen’s 12-10 upset of No. 11 Princeton, scoring a career-best five goals on seven shots, including the game winner. She also had a caused turnover against the Tigers.
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Ali Karwoski • Delaware
Junior | M | Malvern, Pa./Great Valley
Junior Ali Karwoski was solid defensively for Delaware, tallying five caused turnovers and eight groundballs over two games. Karwoski began the week by posting a career-best four groundballs against Canisius to go along with three caused turnovers and two draw controls. In the Blue Hens’ upset of No. 11 Princeton, Karwoski tied her career high with four groundballs while causing a pair of turnovers.
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Stephanie Asher • Elon
Freshman | M | Glenelg, Md./Glenelg
Midfielder Stephanie Asher led Elon to a 13-8 win over Liberty to help the Phoenix extend their winning streak to four games. The rookie tallied seven points in the game on five goals and two assists. She also went a perfect 1-for-1 in free-position shots and tallied a game-high three draw controls.
CAA Women’s Lacrosse Week in Review
- #RV/RV Delaware split games, falling at Canisius before knocking off No. 11 Princeton, 12-10. The win against the Tigers was Delaware’s first since 1989. Casey Lyons had two goals against Princeton to reach the 100-point mark for her career.
- Towson split the week, defeating UC Davis, 10-7, at home before falling on the road at No. 14 Penn. Redshirt senior attacker Andi Raymond led the team with three goals and three assists last week. Senior defender Michelle Dufault had four caused turnovers.
- Hofstra nearly knocked off No. 18 Ohio State but were edged by the Buckeyes, 12-11. Senior Brittain Altomare had seven points on two goals and five assists to go along with four draw controls.
- Elon topped Liberty 13-8 in its only game of the week and extended its winning streak to four games. Stephanie Asher had five goals and two assists against the Flames while Rachel Ramirez made seven saves.
- Drexel picked up a 12-10 win over city rival La Salle in the Dragons’ lone game of the week. Joelle Hartke tallied three goals and an assist while Teresha Bradley made eight saves.
- No. 16/18 James Madison posted an 18-5 win over Liberty in its only game of the week. Stephanie Finley led the way with seven points on four goals and three assists while Schylar Healy made nine saves.
- William & Mary suffered a pair of tough losses, falling to No. 5 Virginia, 16-6, and to Virginia Tech, 12-10. For the week, Shannon Quinn had five goals, three of which came against Virginia, while Allison Henry had five caused turnovers. Rookie Abby Corkum finished with four points.
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings
- Four Named IWLCA Senior All-Stars
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale