Oct 15, 2014, 10:35 AM EDT
OFFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Victoria Williams • Towson
Senior | Opposite Hitter| Los Angeles, Calif./Santa Monica
-Paced Towson’s strong offensive attack over a 2-0 week that saw the Tigers sweep both JMU and William & Mary. Is the third different Towson player to win weekly CAA offensive honors this season.
-Finished with a superb .562 hitting percentage over six sets played.
-Notched 31 total kills (15 versus the Dukes, 16 versus the Tribe) for a 5.17 per set average while TU improved to 10-0 on its home court this year. Also provided four digs and five blocks.
-Leads the CAA in hitting percentage this season (.398).
DEFENSIVE PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Emily Burke • Hofstra
Senior | Outside Hitter | Staten Island, N.Y./Susan E. Wagner
-Came up big for the Pride on the defensive side of the ball over another 2-0 week.
-Collected two digs and three blocks in a win over NU to open the week and then recorded a career-high seven blocks in a huge 3-2 victory at the College of Charleston.
-HU, which moved to 6-0 in league play, has now won nine straight matches overall en route to moving to 18-2 on the year.
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Mackenzie Cooler • College of Charleston
Freshman | Setter | Bluffton, S.C./Bluffton
-Earns her second straight weekly rookie award.
-Collected 39 assists (4.33 P/S) and 18 digs (2.0 P/S) as CofC went 1-1 on the week.
-Registered her third double-double over her last four matches with 18 assists and 10 digs in a 3-1 victory over Northeastern.
Tweets of the Week:
@HofstraVB – “VB: #Hofstra WINS the fifth set, 15-13, to earn the five-set win over Charleston. Lopes da Silva with 20 kills for the Pride. Go Pride!!!.”
@TowsonTigers – “Congrats to the volleyball team who improved to 17-3, 4-2 CAA with a 3-0 win over William & Mary.”
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings