Sep 10, 2014, 11:53 AM EDT
James Madison enjoyed a 2-0 week with wins over Longwood (4-2) and Richmond (2-1, 2 OT) to move to 3-0 on the season. The Dukes are the only league team that is ranked nationally this week, coming in at No. 20 in the NFHCA Week 1 poll. It’s the first time since 2010 that the team is ranked, while the squad’s 3-0 mark is the best start to a season since 2005. Dukes’ junior Loes Stijntjes won Player of the Week honors below for her offensive contributions.
Hofstra (3-1) is riding a three-game winning streak since losing its season opener. The Pride and freshman goalkeeper Carys Swan played well on the road in Connecticut last week, beating Sacred Heart and Yale. Swan allowed just three goals over both games.
Co-Week 2 Tweets of the Week –
“JMU wins! Junior, Loes Stijntjes scores the winning goal with 1:23 left in the second sudden victory period! #JMUDukes”
@HofstraFH1 RT – @HofstraPrideAD
“Three in a row! FH wins 2-1 @ Yale. Congrats @HofstraFH1. Jonel & Charlotte have @HofstraPride goals. #StayFocusedHUFU”
- How To Watch: CAA Football Week 4
- CAA Football Nicknames
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 21-23
- TickPick Becomes An Official Partner Of The CAA
- CAA Football Closeup with Towson's Matt Kauffman
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- Elon/W&M Football Game Will Not Be Rescheduled
- W&M's Bell, Elon's Jegier, Hofstra's Anderson Named Senior CLASS Candidates
- CAA Golf Weekly Awards - Sept. 19
- CAA Cross Country Weekly Awards - Sept. 18
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.