Aug 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Two current CAA men’s golfers — CofC rising senior Zach Munroe and Drexel rising junior Chris Crawford — and one former standout (2013 CofC graduate, Alex Ellis), recently completed play at the 2014 U.S. Amateur Golf Championship at the historic Atlanta Athletic Club.
All three players competed over the course of the last two days in the championship’s stroke play portion, with Munroe registering a score of +18 (81, 78 = 159), Ellis carding a +9 (78, 74 = 152) and Crawford leading the group at +6 (73, 76 = 149).
Impressively, it was Crawford’s third appearance in the amateur over the last four years, Ellis’ third straight appearance and Munroe’s second career showing in the annual summer championship.
This past season, Munroe was named to the All-CAA Second Team and earned Division I PING All-Region Team honors. The Cougars won their first ever CAA title in their inaugural season in the league. Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year in men’s golf, earned first team All-CAA honors this spring.
CofC’s athletic department has a great photo gallery featuring Ellis and Munroe which can be seen below. The athletic department also highlighted both players’ accomplishments following Day 1 results.
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings