Aug 13, 2014, 2:11 PM EDT
Two current CAA men’s golfers — CofC rising senior Zach Munroe and Drexel rising junior Chris Crawford — and one former standout (2013 CofC graduate, Alex Ellis), recently completed play at the 2014 U.S. Amateur Golf Championship at the historic Atlanta Athletic Club.
All three players competed over the course of the last two days in the championship’s stroke play portion, with Munroe registering a score of +18 (81, 78 = 159), Ellis carding a +9 (78, 74 = 152) and Crawford leading the group at +6 (73, 76 = 149).
Impressively, it was Crawford’s third appearance in the amateur over the last four years, Ellis’ third straight appearance and Munroe’s second career showing in the annual summer championship.
This past season, Munroe was named to the All-CAA Second Team and earned Division I PING All-Region Team honors. The Cougars won their first ever CAA title in their inaugural season in the league. Crawford, the 2013 CAA Rookie of the Year in men’s golf, earned first team All-CAA honors this spring.
CofC’s athletic department has a great photo gallery featuring Ellis and Munroe which can be seen below. The athletic department also highlighted both players’ accomplishments following Day 1 results.
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener