Aug 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
On Monday, three CAA volleyball squads were recognized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) for academic excellence.
According to the AVCA, 676 teams — collegiate and high school — earned the AVCA Team Academic Award for the 2012-2013 season. This number once again breaks the previous year’s total of 623 and sets a new all-time high for this award.
134 teams at the Division I level were honored, including the CAA’s own College of Charleston, Hofstra and Northeastern. League teams start reporting for fall camp over the next week, while the first official games of the new season start on Aug. 29.
The award honors teams that maintained at least a 3.30 cumulative team grade-point average on a 4.0 scale or a 4.10 cumulative team GPA on a 5.0 scale.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27