Aug 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
On Monday, three CAA volleyball squads were recognized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) for academic excellence.
According to the AVCA, 676 teams — collegiate and high school — earned the AVCA Team Academic Award for the 2012-2013 season. This number once again breaks the previous year’s total of 623 and sets a new all-time high for this award.
134 teams at the Division I level were honored, including the CAA’s own College of Charleston, Hofstra and Northeastern. League teams start reporting for fall camp over the next week, while the first official games of the new season start on Aug. 29.
The award honors teams that maintained at least a 3.30 cumulative team grade-point average on a 4.0 scale or a 4.10 cumulative team GPA on a 5.0 scale.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week