Aug 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
On Monday, three CAA volleyball squads were recognized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) for academic excellence.
According to the AVCA, 676 teams — collegiate and high school — earned the AVCA Team Academic Award for the 2012-2013 season. This number once again breaks the previous year’s total of 623 and sets a new all-time high for this award.
134 teams at the Division I level were honored, including the CAA’s own College of Charleston, Hofstra and Northeastern. League teams start reporting for fall camp over the next week, while the first official games of the new season start on Aug. 29.
The award honors teams that maintained at least a 3.30 cumulative team grade-point average on a 4.0 scale or a 4.10 cumulative team GPA on a 5.0 scale.
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener
- Seven Selected For USILA North/South Game
- JoeyD vs. the #CAAChamps - Delaware Baseball
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21