Aug 5, 2014, 11:43 AM EDT
On Monday, three CAA volleyball squads were recognized by the American Volleyball Coaches Association (AVCA) for academic excellence.
According to the AVCA, 676 teams — collegiate and high school — earned the AVCA Team Academic Award for the 2012-2013 season. This number once again breaks the previous year’s total of 623 and sets a new all-time high for this award.
134 teams at the Division I level were honored, including the CAA’s own College of Charleston, Hofstra and Northeastern. League teams start reporting for fall camp over the next week, while the first official games of the new season start on Aug. 29.
The award honors teams that maintained at least a 3.30 cumulative team grade-point average on a 4.0 scale or a 4.10 cumulative team GPA on a 5.0 scale.
- WATCH #CAAFB Media Day Live!
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson
- Chad Holbrook Named CofC Head Baseball Coach
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Elon
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors
- Heck Named Assoc. Commissioner For Compliance