Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Northeastern University rising senior Anna Schegoleva, a member of the Huskies’ women’s swimming team, recently impressed in her native homeland of Cyprus earlier this month, winning four events and setting a national record in the 200m backstroke.
Schegoleva, who was named a captain for the upcoming 2014-15 season, earned first place finishes in the 50m backstroke (30.13), the 200 IM (2:21.53), the 100m backstroke (1:04.88) and set the new national record for the 200m backstroke with a time of 2:21.04. That was strong enough to help her earn Women Athlete of the Meet honors.
As a junior for the Huskies last year, Schegoleva placed third at the CAA Championships in the 200m backstroke and fourth in the 200 IM. Over her career, the senior to-be owns school records in the 100m backstroke, 200 back, and 200 IM.
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week
- Field Hockey Weekly Honors - Sept. 19
- Hofstra's Byrne is No. 1 Pick in NLL Draft
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18