Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Northeastern University rising senior Anna Schegoleva, a member of the Huskies’ women’s swimming team, recently impressed in her native homeland of Cyprus earlier this month, winning four events and setting a national record in the 200m backstroke.
Schegoleva, who was named a captain for the upcoming 2014-15 season, earned first place finishes in the 50m backstroke (30.13), the 200 IM (2:21.53), the 100m backstroke (1:04.88) and set the new national record for the 200m backstroke with a time of 2:21.04. That was strong enough to help her earn Women Athlete of the Meet honors.
As a junior for the Huskies last year, Schegoleva placed third at the CAA Championships in the 200m backstroke and fourth in the 200 IM. Over her career, the senior to-be owns school records in the 100m backstroke, 200 back, and 200 IM.
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings