Jul 21, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Northeastern University rising senior Anna Schegoleva, a member of the Huskies’ women’s swimming team, recently impressed in her native homeland of Cyprus earlier this month, winning four events and setting a national record in the 200m backstroke.
Schegoleva, who was named a captain for the upcoming 2014-15 season, earned first place finishes in the 50m backstroke (30.13), the 200 IM (2:21.53), the 100m backstroke (1:04.88) and set the new national record for the 200m backstroke with a time of 2:21.04. That was strong enough to help her earn Women Athlete of the Meet honors.
As a junior for the Huskies last year, Schegoleva placed third at the CAA Championships in the 200m backstroke and fourth in the 200 IM. Over her career, the senior to-be owns school records in the 100m backstroke, 200 back, and 200 IM.
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft