Jul 16, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Former Towson graduate and gymnast Kacy Catanzaro made history earlier this week on the television show “American Ninja Warrior” after becoming the first women to ever conquer the competition’s 14-foot wall tabbed ‘The Warped Wall’. Catanzaro enjoyed a standout career at Towson as gymnast from 2009-12 and was named NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year.
The Towson University athletic department recently created a great feature on Catanzaro highliting her recent accomplishments on the show, including a brief background during her time as Tiger. Check out the feature, seriously. What’s next for Catanzaro? She also became the first women to ever qualify for the American Ninja Warrior’s final stage — Mt. Midoriyama — taking place in Las Vegas.
Below are some highlights from Monday night’s qualifying round in Dallas, Texas.
Well done, Kacy, well done.
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings