Jul 16, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Former Towson graduate and gymnast Kacy Catanzaro made history earlier this week on the television show “American Ninja Warrior” after becoming the first women to ever conquer the competition’s 14-foot wall tabbed ‘The Warped Wall’. Catanzaro enjoyed a standout career at Towson as gymnast from 2009-12 and was named NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year.
The Towson University athletic department recently created a great feature on Catanzaro highliting her recent accomplishments on the show, including a brief background during her time as Tiger. Check out the feature, seriously. What’s next for Catanzaro? She also became the first women to ever qualify for the American Ninja Warrior’s final stage — Mt. Midoriyama — taking place in Las Vegas.
Below are some highlights from Monday night’s qualifying round in Dallas, Texas.
Well done, Kacy, well done.
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft