Jul 16, 2014, 11:12 AM EDT
Former Towson graduate and gymnast Kacy Catanzaro made history earlier this week on the television show “American Ninja Warrior” after becoming the first women to ever conquer the competition’s 14-foot wall tabbed ‘The Warped Wall’. Catanzaro enjoyed a standout career at Towson as gymnast from 2009-12 and was named NCAA Southeast Regional Gymnast of the Year.
The Towson University athletic department recently created a great feature on Catanzaro highliting her recent accomplishments on the show, including a brief background during her time as Tiger. Check out the feature, seriously. What’s next for Catanzaro? She also became the first women to ever qualify for the American Ninja Warrior’s final stage — Mt. Midoriyama — taking place in Las Vegas.
Below are some highlights from Monday night’s qualifying round in Dallas, Texas.
Well done, Kacy, well done.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27