Jun 18, 2014, 10:38 AM EDT
Two former Pride men’s lacrosse standouts — Kevin Unterstein and Steven DeNapoli — were recently tabbed Major League Lacrosse All Stars and will play in the 24-man format on June 26 in the MLL All-Star game at Harvard Stadium in Boston, Mass.
Not only were Unterstein and DeNapoli named to the defensive midfielders position for the contest, but they also currently play together on the New York Lizards.
Unterstein helped Hofstra to a solid 2014 season as a member of the Pride coaching staff. It was his fourth year as an assistant coach, while he was named associate head coach during the offseason. As a senior in 2008, Unterstein led his team with 70 ground balls and helped HU win a CAA title en route to clinching an NCAA Tournament berth. This year marks Unterstein’s first career MLL All-Star Game.
DeNapoli last appeared in the MLL All-Star Game in 2012 and is currently in his fourth season in the league. He captained the Pride from 2009-10 and earned All-CAA honors in 2009 and 2011. DeNapoli has one goal and 13 ground balls for New York this season.
Hofstra went 11-5 (4-1) overall this past spring and found itself just outside the bubble for the NCAA Lacrosse Tournament.
- Seven Earn All-ECAC Honors; Mayes Named Defensive POTY
- UNCW's Golden Headlines All-CAA Baseball Team
- CAA Baseball Championship Preview
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Ties for 24th at NCAA Championship
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 22
- Towson Downs Cuse to Advance to NCAA Semifinals
- CofC's Fuenfstueck in Top-25 at NCAA Championship
- Dukes' Memorable Season Ends In Waco Regional Title Game
- JMU Keeps Season Alive With Saturday Split
- Pairings Set For CAA Baseball Championship