May 27, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
The South team won the contest by a narrow margin, 17-16, over the North team.Penn State’s Shane Sturgis posted two goals to go along with three ground balls while playing on the South squad. Delaware’s Dan Keane scored one goal with two assists for three points in the victory. He also went 1-1 on face offs. Drexel’s Matt Dusek tallied five ground balls and PSU’s Tom LaCrosse added three. Towson’s John Fennessy (right) played strong defense for the South.
Massachusetts’ Connor Mooney tied for the lead for the North team scoring four points – three goals and one assist. Teammate James Fahey also scored a goal, while Hofstra’s Torin Varn and Drew Coholan each tabbed a pair of ground balls.
This annual tradition started in 1940 and has been played every year with the exception of 1944 and 1945. The Division III all-star game occurred on Sunday, May 25 before the national title games for Division II and III teams. These games brought together 128 of the finest senior lacrosse players in the country.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27