May 27, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
The South team won the contest by a narrow margin, 17-16, over the North team.Penn State’s Shane Sturgis posted two goals to go along with three ground balls while playing on the South squad. Delaware’s Dan Keane scored one goal with two assists for three points in the victory. He also went 1-1 on face offs. Drexel’s Matt Dusek tallied five ground balls and PSU’s Tom LaCrosse added three. Towson’s John Fennessy (right) played strong defense for the South.
Massachusetts’ Connor Mooney tied for the lead for the North team scoring four points – three goals and one assist. Teammate James Fahey also scored a goal, while Hofstra’s Torin Varn and Drew Coholan each tabbed a pair of ground balls.
This annual tradition started in 1940 and has been played every year with the exception of 1944 and 1945. The Division III all-star game occurred on Sunday, May 25 before the national title games for Division II and III teams. These games brought together 128 of the finest senior lacrosse players in the country.
- Baseball Weekly Honors - April 24
- Softball Weekly Report - April 24
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - April 24
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - April 24
- COFC Four-Peats as #CAAChamps
- UNCW Takes Home Men's Tennis Championship
- W&M Captures Third Straight Women's Tennis Title
- #CAALAX Closeup with Alyssa Parrella
- #CAAChamps Play Suspended In Third Round
- Seahawks, Tribe Headed To Men's Tennis Finals