May 27, 2014, 5:16 PM EDT
The South team won the contest by a narrow margin, 17-16, over the North team.Penn State’s Shane Sturgis posted two goals to go along with three ground balls while playing on the South squad. Delaware’s Dan Keane scored one goal with two assists for three points in the victory. He also went 1-1 on face offs. Drexel’s Matt Dusek tallied five ground balls and PSU’s Tom LaCrosse added three. Towson’s John Fennessy (right) played strong defense for the South.
Massachusetts’ Connor Mooney tied for the lead for the North team scoring four points – three goals and one assist. Teammate James Fahey also scored a goal, while Hofstra’s Torin Varn and Drew Coholan each tabbed a pair of ground balls.
This annual tradition started in 1940 and has been played every year with the exception of 1944 and 1945. The Division III all-star game occurred on Sunday, May 25 before the national title games for Division II and III teams. These games brought together 128 of the finest senior lacrosse players in the country.
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday
- Four Named USILA All-Americans
- No. 3 JMU Readies for NCAA WLAX Semifinals