May 16, 2014, 10:52 AM EDT
It is the second straight year that two CAA softball teams have advanced to the NCAA Tournament. James Madison earned the league’s automatic bid, while Hofstra received its first at-large bid to the postseason event.
The Dukes, who entered the NFCA Top 25 at #25 this week, bring a 44-13 overall record to the Lexington Regional. JMU’s 44 wins is a school record. The Dukes will face DePaul (41-9) today at 5 p.m. The double-elimination tournament will continue on Saturday and JMU will face either 14th-seeded Kentucky (44-15) or Ohio (32-24). Live stats will be available, as well as live video.
The Pride head to the Norman Regional with a 33-13 overall record, after missing two weekends of play during the season due to inclement weather. Hofstra will face Texas A&M (35-20) this evening at 6 p.m. The contest will be broadcast on ESPN3. Also in the Norman Regional is host 7th-seeded and reigning national champion Oklahoma (45-10) and Bryant (32-20). Live stats will also be available.
James Madison is making its third NCAA Tournament appearance, while Hofstra is making its 15th.
- #CAAHoops Summer School - UNCW Men
- #CAAHoops Summer School - UNCW Women
- JMU's Klaes-Bawcombe Voted IWLCA National Coach of the Year
- CAA Announces 2017-18 Team Academic Excellence Awards
- CAA Recognizes 19 With Leadership And Sports Excellence Awards
- Nine CAA Men's Basketball Players Selected To NABC Honors Court
- CAA Football Kicks Off 2018 Season With Media Day On July 24
- CAA to be Well-Represented at U.S. Women's Amateur
- #CAAHoops Summer School - James Madison Women
- #CAAHoops Summer School - James Madison Men
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.