May 16, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
It is the second straight year that two CAA softball teams have advanced to the NCAA Tournament. James Madison earned the league’s automatic bid, while Hofstra received its first at-large bid to the postseason event.
The Dukes, who entered the NFCA Top 25 at #25 this week, bring a 44-13 overall record to the Lexington Regional. JMU’s 44 wins is a school record. The Dukes will face DePaul (41-9) today at 5 p.m. The double-elimination tournament will continue on Saturday and JMU will face either 14th-seeded Kentucky (44-15) or Ohio (32-24). Live stats will be available, as well as live video.
The Pride head to the Norman Regional with a 33-13 overall record, after missing two weekends of play during the season due to inclement weather. Hofstra will face Texas A&M (35-20) this evening at 6 p.m. The contest will be broadcast on ESPN3. Also in the Norman Regional is host 7th-seeded and reigning national champion Oklahoma (45-10) and Bryant (32-20). Live stats will also be available.
James Madison is making its third NCAA Tournament appearance, while Hofstra is making its 15th.
- WBB Streaks Continue on Friday
- Men's #CAAHoops Recap - Jan. 18
- WM's Rachel Moore Taken in NWSL Draft
- #CAAHoops In Focus: JMU's Sophomore Trio
- #CAAHoops Weekly: WBB Race Heats Up
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Jan. 17
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Jan. 17
- #CAAHoops Featured: JMU's Stuckey Mosley
- Men's Basketball Coaches Teleconference - Jan. 16
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Jan. 15