May 16, 2014, 10:52 AM EST
It is the second straight year that two CAA softball teams have advanced to the NCAA Tournament. James Madison earned the league’s automatic bid, while Hofstra received its first at-large bid to the postseason event.
The Dukes, who entered the NFCA Top 25 at #25 this week, bring a 44-13 overall record to the Lexington Regional. JMU’s 44 wins is a school record. The Dukes will face DePaul (41-9) today at 5 p.m. The double-elimination tournament will continue on Saturday and JMU will face either 14th-seeded Kentucky (44-15) or Ohio (32-24). Live stats will be available, as well as live video.
The Pride head to the Norman Regional with a 33-13 overall record, after missing two weekends of play during the season due to inclement weather. Hofstra will face Texas A&M (35-20) this evening at 6 p.m. The contest will be broadcast on ESPN3. Also in the Norman Regional is host 7th-seeded and reigning national champion Oklahoma (45-10) and Bryant (32-20). Live stats will also be available.
James Madison is making its third NCAA Tournament appearance, while Hofstra is making its 15th.
- Women's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 21
- Bruce Williams Selected As Supervisor Of Football Officials For The CAA
- CAA Joins Football Officiating Alliance Formed By ACC, AAC
- CAA Swimming & Diving Championships Day One Recap
- Men's #CAAHoops Weekly - Feb. 20
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - Feb. 20
- #CAAHoops Dunk Reel
- CAA Golf Weekly Awards - Feb. 20
- #CAAHoops Top Plays
- CAA Swimming & Diving Championships Commence Wednesday
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.