May 9, 2014, 12:26 PM EDT
Towson Softball, which earned the No. 4 seed in the 2014 CAA Softball Tournament, has made its run over the past two days to advance to the championship game. The Tigers fell to top-seeded James Madison, 3-1, on the first day of competition in Harrisonburg, Va., but Towson turned around to Day 2 and took two games to enter Friday’s championship game.
The Tigers used the power of the old superstition of the “rally cap”, although Towson Softball put a twist on the basic rally cap. Towson knocked-off both second-seeded College of Charleston, 8-6, and third-seeded Hofstra, 5-4, in back-to-back elimination games on Thursday.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week