May 2, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
On Thursday evening in Williamsburg, Va., the CAA held its annual #CAAChamps awards banquet honoring this year’s women’s lacrosse student-athletes.
James Madison junior attacker Stephanie Finley and Towson junior attacker Andi Raymond shared 2014 CAA Player of the Year honors to headline the night.
Shown above, among many, Hofstra junior defender April Iannetta, who earned CAA Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season. Towson freshman attacker Gabby Cha was selected as the CAA Rookie of the Year and Tigers’ head coach Sonia LaMonica was chosen as the CAA Coach of the Year for the fourth straight time.
The semifinals for the #CAAChamps kick off tonight on the College of William & Mary campus at 5:00 p.m. with Towson taking on Hofstra, followed by James Madison-Delaware at 7:30. The winners meet on Sunday in the final at 1:00 p.m. All games throughout the weekend will be broadcast for free and in HD on CAA.TV.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27