May 2, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
On Thursday evening in Williamsburg, Va., the CAA held its annual #CAAChamps awards banquet honoring this year’s women’s lacrosse student-athletes.
James Madison junior attacker Stephanie Finley and Towson junior attacker Andi Raymond shared 2014 CAA Player of the Year honors to headline the night.
Shown above, among many, Hofstra junior defender April Iannetta, who earned CAA Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season. Towson freshman attacker Gabby Cha was selected as the CAA Rookie of the Year and Tigers’ head coach Sonia LaMonica was chosen as the CAA Coach of the Year for the fourth straight time.
The semifinals for the #CAAChamps kick off tonight on the College of William & Mary campus at 5:00 p.m. with Towson taking on Hofstra, followed by James Madison-Delaware at 7:30. The winners meet on Sunday in the final at 1:00 p.m. All games throughout the weekend will be broadcast for free and in HD on CAA.TV.
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Clark, Kutch Conclude Swimming & Diving Championships
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- Kutch Breaks Own Record at Day 3 of NCAA Championships
- Clark & Kutch Ready for NCAA Championships
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview