May 2, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
On Thursday evening in Williamsburg, Va., the CAA held its annual #CAAChamps awards banquet honoring this year’s women’s lacrosse student-athletes.
James Madison junior attacker Stephanie Finley and Towson junior attacker Andi Raymond shared 2014 CAA Player of the Year honors to headline the night.
Shown above, among many, Hofstra junior defender April Iannetta, who earned CAA Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season. Towson freshman attacker Gabby Cha was selected as the CAA Rookie of the Year and Tigers’ head coach Sonia LaMonica was chosen as the CAA Coach of the Year for the fourth straight time.
The semifinals for the #CAAChamps kick off tonight on the College of William & Mary campus at 5:00 p.m. with Towson taking on Hofstra, followed by James Madison-Delaware at 7:30. The winners meet on Sunday in the final at 1:00 p.m. All games throughout the weekend will be broadcast for free and in HD on CAA.TV.
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week
- Field Hockey Weekly Honors - Sept. 19
- Hofstra's Byrne is No. 1 Pick in NLL Draft
- Four CAAFB Teams Ranked In Top 25 Polls
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 18