May 2, 2014, 1:40 PM EDT
On Thursday evening in Williamsburg, Va., the CAA held its annual #CAAChamps awards banquet honoring this year’s women’s lacrosse student-athletes.
James Madison junior attacker Stephanie Finley and Towson junior attacker Andi Raymond shared 2014 CAA Player of the Year honors to headline the night.
Shown above, among many, Hofstra junior defender April Iannetta, who earned CAA Defensive Player of the Year for the second consecutive season. Towson freshman attacker Gabby Cha was selected as the CAA Rookie of the Year and Tigers’ head coach Sonia LaMonica was chosen as the CAA Coach of the Year for the fourth straight time.
The semifinals for the #CAAChamps kick off tonight on the College of William & Mary campus at 5:00 p.m. with Towson taking on Hofstra, followed by James Madison-Delaware at 7:30. The winners meet on Sunday in the final at 1:00 p.m. All games throughout the weekend will be broadcast for free and in HD on CAA.TV.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors