Apr 24, 2014, 12:09 AM EST
Balanced play this season, as every team is getting a chance to challenge each other in conference play. James Madison leads the league with a 9-3 CAA mark, while CofC and Hofstra follow at 8-4. Towson is in fourth place with a 4-8 record in CAA action and Delaware sits at 5-9. Plenty of games to play before the tournament. In non-conference action the CAA is 132-83 (.614) on the season.
Helping Charleston to a 3-0 week was CAA Player of the Week, Kelsey Hodgson. The senior infielder hit .800 (8-for-10) against UNCW. She sailed four homers and doubled for a 2.100 slugging percentage. The senior also added seven RBI, five runs scored and helped the defense with eight assists and out putout.
James Madison’s Jailyn Ford was named CAA Pitcher of the Week for the fourth time as she posted a 1-0 mark and added a save in the circle against ACC foe North Carolina. The sophomore hurler appeared in both outings in relief, while tossing 9.0 innings, posting a perfect ERA and fanned 16 batters.
Michaela Transue from Hofstra garnered CAA Rookie of the Week honors as she helped the Pride to a win over nationally-ranked LSU and a sweep of conference foe Delaware. . Transue hit homers in each end of a doubleheader against #24 LSU, including a three-run shot in the sixth inning, helping the Pride to a 5-3 victory.
To read more about the CAA Weekly Honors, check out CAASports.com.
James Madison, which posted an upset win over nationally-ranked Oregon earlier this year and a conference sweep of CAA perennial powerhouse Hofstra, continues to receive votes in the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll.
- UNH's Reisert, Marino Named Academic All-America
- Three Named Scholar All-Americans
- Five Land on Scholar All-Region Team
- #CAALax/LSN Game of the Week Schedule Announced
- Ankrah Chosen To FCS ADA All-America Team
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Semifinals
- WM Tabs Julie Shackford as Head Coach
- Seven CAA Football Players On AP All-America Team
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Dec. 11
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Dec. 11