Apr 17, 2014, 1:13 PM EDT
The Towson Tigers, who recently completed CAA play with a 4-1 mark, have a great shot at earning the top seed for the women’s lacrosse championship taking place on May 2 and 4th at the College of William & Mary.
Though the squad still has one game to play, at current No. 3 North Carolina on April 19, Towson sits atop the league standings and waits to see how things turn out around the league. TU’s only league blemish came at Drexel, while the Dragons sit at 1-1 with huge games at JMU and William & Mary as well as at home versus Hofstra to close the regular season.
Earlier this week, Tigers’ redshirt senior Ashleigh Rohrback was named POTW, notching five goals and four helpers, including the crucial game-winner in double-overtime versus the Dukes on Sunday.
That’s a win that could ultimately have huge implications come #CAAChamps time.
Delaware earned a 1-1 split one week ago while junior midfielder Caitlin McCartney was a defensive force. She leads UD with 36 tallies on the season, but gave that up to record five GB’s, five CT’s, and two draw controls overall. Well done, Caitlin, on earning Co-DPOTW honors.
McCartney shared the honors, deservedly so, with Madison’s Lexi Cross, who took on the tall task of guarding UD’s Casey Lyons and TU’s Andi Raymond, and allowed the two stud offensive weapons to register a total of two goals.
For the first time in her career, Towson freshman Michelle Gildea started a game (two, in fact) and it paid off for the Tigers. Gildea wins the ROTW nod after scoring three goals, collecting three draw controls and one ground ball over two wins.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week