Apr 9, 2014, 12:25 PM EST
On Wednesday, the CAA announced that conference newcomer College of Charleston is the winner of the second-annual CAA Food Drive Challenge.
The Cougs, who grabbed 2,356 pounds of food, raised $1,516 which will be used to donate to a local food bank. CofC was one of nine full-time CAA members to participate in the food drive challenge, all of whom worked with food banks and organizations to raise as much money as they could during a seven-day period this spring. Monetary donations were converted into pounds at a consistent rate for competition purposes.
“We are so proud to partner with students from the College of Charleston,” Lowcountry Food Bank President and CEO, Pat Walker said. “Their passion and enthusiasm helped to create more than 11,000 meals for families, children and seniors in our community. They are truly leaders in our fight to end hunger in our community.”
As mentioned, this is the second consecutive year that the CAA has developed its annual food drive. The Drexel University Dragons, who won the inaugural event last spring, finished second this time around, while Delaware followed in third. During a CAA Student-Athlete Advisory Committee (SAAC) Leadership Summit in November, student-athlete representatives from across the league met with CAA members to share and connect better ways to make impacts within their respective local communities.
You can read the full CAA release here to learn more about the project.
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Nov. 24
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths