Apr 8, 2014, 2:50 PM EDT
Lots of games were crossed off the schedule last week as CAA Softball squads went 17-3 in non-conference action to take the overall mark in NC play to 116-74 overall. In CAA action, James Madison took the three-game series from Towson, while Hofstra finally opened conference play and swept UNCW. Delaware earned a pair of wins over Drexel, while College of Charleston had the week off of league action.
With the sweep of Towson, James Madison’s Caitlyn Sandy earned CAA Player of the Week, while Jailyn Ford shared CAA Pitcher of the Week honors. Sandy helped the Dukes to a 5-0 week with wins over Virginia Tech as well. The senior shortstop went 8-for-16 at the plate, including a pair of homers and a double, while adding six runs and six RBI. Ford posted a 2-0 record with a save in the circle during 11.2 IP. She finished the week with a 0.00 ERA after fanning 11 batters and walking three in her three appearances.
Also earning CAA Pitcher of the Week accolades was Delaware sophomore Kelly Lupton. She also went 2-0 and a tallied a save. Lupton finished the week with a 0.36 ERA, while giving up just one run during her 19.2 innings of work. She also sat down 11 batters on “K’s”. Picking up the Rookie of the Week honors was Hofstra’s Lacey Clark after she helped the Pride going 5-1 on the week, including a sweep of UNCW. The rookie went 5-13 at the plate and added five RBI, a pair of doubles and a home run on the week.
To read more about each of these award winners, check out CAASports.com.
James Madison, with a recent upset win over nationally-ranked Oregon and a conference sweep of CAA prennial powerhouse Hofstra, continues to receive votes in the USA Today/NFCA Coaches Poll. The Dukes also returned to earning votes in the ESPN.com/USA Softball Poll.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors