Apr 8, 2014, 4:19 PM EDT
The latest NCAA baseball stats through games of April 6 have been released and the CAA continues to be well-represented.
William & Mary first baseman/outfielder Michael Katz leads the nation in home runs (13), RBI’s (57), total bases (107) and slugging percentage (.823), while Tribe outfielder Nick Thompson tops Division I in runs (46) and runs per game (1.53). Katz is also sixth in doubles (14) and 15th in batting average (.415), while Thompson is fourth in homers (9), fifth in slugging (.724) and eighth in batting average (.431). W&M infielder Ryan Lindemuth is fifth nationally in runs (42).
In other individual categories, JMU pitcher Chris Huffman is tied for fifth in complete games (3), while Dukes’ third baseman Ty McFarland is 10th in home runs (8) and 13th in runs (35) and first baseman Matt Tenaglia is eighth in RBI’s per game (1.2).
On the mound, UNCW’s Mat Batts ranks eighth in Division I in strikeouts (61) and 14th in strikeout/walk ratio (8.71) and Northeastern pitcher Chris Carmain ranks 30th in ERA (1.15). CofC’s Taylor Clarke is tied for 14th in wins (6) and the Cougars’ Michael Hanzlik is 13th in saves (8).
Four CAA teams are among the top 90 nationally in the RPI according to college baseball website BoydsWorld.com. UNCW leads the way at #69, followed by William & Mary at #77, Towson at #83 and College of Charleston at #88.
Congratulations to our CAA baseball weekly honorees: College of Charleston’s Morgan Phillips (Player of the Week), UNCW’s Mat Batts and Delaware’s Brandon Hinkle (Pitchers of the Week) and CofC’s Tyler Thornton. Check out the full weekly report that includes notes on all nine teams.
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings
- Four Named IWLCA Senior All-Stars
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale