Apr 1, 2014, 9:38 AM EDT
It looked bleak for the Tigers of Towson, trailing Delaware by two with less than a minute to play on Sunday. The team needed a win badly in its CAA opener versus the hot-handed Delaware Blue Hens, who entered the game winners of six straight. TU started the comeback as Jr. Taylor Moore scored a quick tally to give her team some hope. As the contest winded down under 10 seconds, freshman Kelly McQuilkin erased the doubt, forcing a turnover and ground ball before collecting and scoring her first career goal and tying the score with 5.9 seconds left.
Moore, who was named this week’s POTW, came through in OT and added another tally, her third of the game, and Towson held on to win, 12-10. A victory like that could certainly help out Towson down the road, and while it was a tough loss to handle for the Blue Hens, there’s still plenty of time left once conference play officially begins this weekend with all six schools getting into the action. Watch the highlights here from the game.
Also, here’s one of our favorite tweets that followed.
The Tribe of William & Mary went 1-1 over last week, while junior A/M Ellen Shaffrey played lights out. The Charlottesville, Va., native collected seven draw controls, four ground balls, four caused turnovers, four goals and one assist as W&M beat Longwood and fell to nationally ranked Ohio State. She earned the league’s weekly defender nod for her efforts.
James Madison rookie Betsy Angel continued her solid play as of late, earning the ROTW for the second straight week thanks to scoring five total goals over a 2-0 JMU week. She also had four goals alone in a 20-7 victory over San Diego State.
It should be noted that JMU senior Amy Roguski was one of a couple of CAA standouts this season to reach the 100-goal club, accomplishing the feat with three tallies in the win over SDSU. Check out a photo gallery from the win via jmusports.com.
Check out our full weekly release here.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors