Mar 28, 2014, 5:10 PM EDT
Delaware Stadium will be the place to be on Saturday, March 29, as the University of Delaware men’s lacrosse team hosts its annual Youth Day when the Blue Hens take on Drexel in a pivotal Colonial Athletic Association matchup at 1 p.m.
Kids are invited to come out for a full day of fun that includes giveaways, exciting Division I men’s lacrosse action, pre-game activities in the Fun Zone, and pre-game and post-game autographs sessions.
All youth can enjoy a pre-game Fun Zone from 12 noon until 1 p.m. featuring inflatables on the west concourse inside Delaware Stadium.
Also during pre-game, fans will have the chance to meet and greet head coach Dave Cottle and players from the 2013 Major League Lacrosse champion Chesapeake Bayhawks. The Bayhawks 2014 squad features seven CAA men’s lax alum, including conference 25th Anniversary Silver Star Alex Smith (’07) from Delaware. Also on the Bayhawks roster is 2014 Penn State graduate and CAA first-team member Jack Forster as well as Will Harrington (Towson, ’09), Jonathan Iannucci (Hofstra, ’06), Nicky Polanco (Hofstra, ’02), Brian Spallina (Hofstra, ’00) and former Penn State student-athlete Matt Mackrides.
Post-game autographs will be available from members of the current Blue Hens team immediately after the game on the concourse.
All kids who bring an “A” on their report card are able to purchase $1 tickets to the game Saturday. In addition, free ponchos will be given to the first 100 fans in attendance.
We will add a photo gallery from this event here on CAA Overtime.
- Stellar Pitching Performance Gives Delaware 3-1 Victory Over Hofstra
- Charleston Hits Four Homers To Power Past Hofstra, 10-3
- Weiss' Walk-Off Double Lifts UNCW Past Delaware, 2-1, In Baseball Opener
- Seven Selected For USILA North/South Game
- JoeyD vs. the #CAAChamps - Delaware Baseball
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21