Mar 18, 2014, 3:50 PM EDT
Although Elon University isn’t set to join the Colonial Athletic Association until the 2014-15 academic year, it’s promising to see just how solid of a fit the Phoenix will be, seeing as how the school deals with a student-athlete in need of a lending hand.
Recently, Elon’s women’s soccer program started a funding/support website for one of its players, Nicole Dennion, who just found out she was diagnosed with a cancer called Ewing’s Sarcoma around mid-February. Dennion, a sophomore forward from Ewing, N.J., has reportedly received much support (both financially and emotionally) via the website, ‘Kickin’ It With Colie‘. Much of the website is helped and run by the program and by Elon women’s soccer head coach, Chris Neal.
Neal writes on the website: “We can’t thank everyone enough for supporting Colie! When we started the “Kickin’ It With Colie” site, we were not really sure what level of response to expect. The display of love and support from Colie’s friends, our Elon Soccer alumni, Elon University, our local soccer networks, friends and families of our team, and the NCAA soccer community has been nothing short of incredible! Your actions and positive words are incredibly motivating to Colie as she starts this journey. Thanks for everything. Now… let’s keep rollin’ and “Kickin’ It With Colie!”
To learn more about Nicole and the original idea for the Kickin’ It With Colie site, check out Elon’s full release. See how you can donate or add a helpful phrase or two, by visiting ‘Kickin’ It With Colie’. As of 1:30 p.m. today, $31,250 has been raised to help Nicole over just 12 days.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27