Feb 12, 2014, 2:46 PM EDT
The Towson Tigers women’s lacrosse team has certainly grabbed many headlines around the league heading into the 2014 season. That’s understandable, after winning back-to-back CAA titles the last two years.
Before the conference officially kick starts the season on Saturday — featuring three contests; Hofstra at New Hampshire, James Madison versus Virginia Tech and Delaware at Georgetown — lets look at where the Tigers stand on the national Division I women’s lacrosse scene.
TU was ranked No. 19 in both the Intercollegiate Women’s Lacrosse Coaches Association (IWLCA) and ILWomen.com Brine Media Preseason Polls and even remained in the No. 19 spot for the IWLCA Week 1 poll, despite not playing until Feb. 19.
Check out the team’s 2014 season preview which was released earlier on Wednesday.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday