Jan 21, 2014, 5:44 PM EDT
Tuesday might have brought a scare of weather up and down the East Coast, but have no fear, there’s still the #CAAMinute.
Bobby Broyles kick starts with #CAAHoops action, specifically, highlights from Monday night’s Delaware/Drexel basketball game which saw the Blue Hens remain unbeaten in league play, downing the Dragons, 90-77. Devon Saddler chipped in 23 points, eight rebounds and seven assists in the win.
Broyles transitions into weekly #CAAHoops honors, starting with the women. CofC’s Alyssa Frye was tabbed Player of the Week after her 34-point historic offensive outburst on Sunday at Northeastern. Sarah Curran of Drexel was named Rookie of the Week. On the men’s side, Towson senior Jerrelle Benimon averaged over 20-plus points to be honored as the Player of the Week, while Dragons freshman Rodney Williams helped Drexel sweep the rookie awards with his own honor.
Broyles reminds fans that you can watch the on-going basketball On Campus/In Focus feature, this week telling the touching story of Northeastern’s Tom Blake, who’s been able to find comfort from the Husky family in a difficult time as a coach and parent. Watch #TeamBlake on the Baseline Buzz.
Remember, CAA fans, you can find additional information, including postgame videos, highlights and features with our continued Fullcourt Press segment, which features stories from each team around the league. Keep an eye out this past weekend’s work at Northeastern, where the hoops crew met up with NU WBB coach Daynia La-Force and asssitant head coach Tom Blake as well as NU MBB coach Bill Coen and the Huskies’ top fan, Max Plansky, who joined the squad through TEAM Impact!. You can always stay up-to-date with CAA basketball via Twitter by following @CAABasketball and using the official league hashtag, #CAAHoops.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors