Jan 20, 2014, 1:22 PM EDT
Start the week off on the right foot with Monday’s edition of the #CAAMinute. Seriously, check it out below.
Bobby Broyles wastes no time, jumping into #CAAHoops action with highlights from Sunday’s Towson/College of Charleston game which saw the Tigers and Jerrelle Benimon stake a 72-57 victory.
Broyles switches over to women’s hoops action also taking place on Sunday, as Drexel earned a rare road win at Delaware, snapping the Blue Hens’ 21-game CAA home winning streak. James Madison also took to the road on Sunday, downing Hofstra, 77-50, to move to 3-0 in the league. UNCW won its first CAA win of the year, beating Towson, 54-53 as Kelva Atkins scored 21 points in the win. Finally, in Boston, CofC won its third straight conference tilt in impressive fashion, handling Northeastern, 90-74, as Alyssa Frye set a program record for single-game points scored (34) and 3-pointers (10).
Broyles reminds fans that you can catch a great men’s basketball matchup featuring Drexel and Delaware in Philly on Monday night at 7 p.m. on NBC SportsNetwork and NBC LiveExtra.
Remember, CAA fans, you can find additional information, including postgame videos, highlights and features with our continued Fullcourt Press segment, which features stories from each team around the league. Keep an eye out this past weekend’s work at Northeastern, where the hoops crew met up with NU WBB coach Daynia La-Force and asssitant head coach Tom Blake as well as NU MBB coach Bill Coen and the Huskies’ top fan, Max Plansky, who joined the squad through TEAM Impact!. You can always stay up-to-date with CAA basketball via Twitter by following @CAABasketball and using the official league hashtag, #CAAHoops.
- UNCW Defeats W&M, 6-2, In Thursday's Finale
- Tribe Trio Headlines Day 1 At NCAA T&F East Prelims
- Ake's Homer Lifts Delaware Past Northeastern
- CofC Edges Elon, 1-0, Despite No Hits
- Towson Set for NCAA Semfinal Clash with Ohio State
- Raquet Helps W&M Rally Past Elon, 5-2
- UD Names Ben DeLuca Men's Lacrosse Coach
- UNCW's Moore Named Academic All-American
- NU Heads to NCAA Championships on Friday
- JMU's Good Named Player of the Year Top 3 Finalist