Jan 14, 2014, 4:02 AM EDT
Tuesday’s edition of the #CAAMinute kicks off right away with Bobby Broyles, who broke down Monday night’s #CAAHoops tilt between Northeastern and College of Charleston. The Cougars came away with a 58-49 victory thanks in part to Willis Hall’s 14-point, 13 rebound performance on the road.
The league announced its men’s and women’s Players of the Week on Tuesday, with Delaware’s Devon Saddler taking home the POTW honor for the men and William & Mary’s Omar Prewitt, who has dominantly won six straight Rookie of the Week awards. For the women, James Madison’s Kirby Burkholder and Towson’s Tanisha McTiller earned POTW recognition. Burkholder won the nod for the fourth time this season, while McTiller averaged 23 points and eight rebounds over a 2-0 week for the Tigers. UNCW’s Brie Mobley earned Rookie of the Week accolades.
Remember, CAA fans, you can find additional information, including postgame videos, highlights and features with our continued Fullcourt Press segment, which features stories from each team around the league. Keep an eye out this past weekend’s work at William & Mary, where the hoops crew met up with Kyla Kerstetter and Tim Rusthoven. You can always stay up-to-date with CAA basketball via Twitter by following @CAAHoops and using the official league hashtag, #CAAHoops.
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft