Jan 13, 2014, 1:24 PM EDT
In women’s basketball, Towson continued its impressive start to league play with a 66-65 last-second victory over Northeastern. The Tigers are 2-0 thanks to Dominique Johnson’s game-winning jumper as time expired. Watch the shot here as well. James Madison earned an impressive, 87-51, league-opening win over Delaware, as Kirby Burkholder scored 33 points and made seven 3-pointers. That loss snapped a ridiculous 44-game CAA winning streak for the ‘Hens. In other news, Hofstra and College of Charleston also earned victories this past weekend over UNCW and William & Mary, respectively.
On the men’s side, Broyles breaks down the prime-time matchup taking place Monday night between CAA newcomer #CofC and #GoNU in Boston. The game will be televised nationally on NBC Sports Network and on NBC Sports Live Extra at 7 p.m.
Remember, CAA fans, you can find additional information, including postgame videos, highlights and features with our continued Fullcourt Press segment, which features stories from each team around the league. Keep an eye out this past weekend’s work at William & Mary, where the hoops crew met up with Kyla Kerstetter and Tim Rusthoven. You can always stay up-to-date with CAA basketball via Twitter by following @CAAHoops and using the official league hashtag, #CAAHoops.
- JMU Holds One Stroke Lead After Exciting #CAAChamps Second Round
- Charleston, W&M, JMU And Elon Advance To Women's Tennis Semifinals
- Drexel Joins Top Three Seeds In CAA Men's Tennis Semifinals
- JMU Leads After First Round of Men's Golf Championship
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 20
- Towson Tops Hofstra In CAA Women's Tennis Opener
- Buresch, Dandola Named NFCA Freshman of the Year Candidates
- Men's Golf Championship Begins Friday Morning
- Two #CAALax Players Taken in MLL Collegiate Draft
- CAA Tennis Championships Start Thursday