Jan 7, 2014, 1:06 PM EDT
With the new year finally here, it’s time to bring back the #CAAMinute. Mr. Bobby Broyles returns to kick start the action with news in men’s basketball, as William & Mary’s Marcus Thornton and College of Charleston’s Willis Hall were named this week’s Co-CAA POTW. Hall notched an impressive game this week that included 26 points and 21 boards in a win over Davidson. Thornton averaged 25 PPG over two wins this week for the Tribe. Fellow W&M standout Omar Prewit was named Rookie of the Week for the fifth time this season. Broyles changes over to women’s #CAAHoops action, as Delaware’s Kelsey Buchanan was named Offensive Player of the Week thanks in part to scoring a career-high 26 points in an OT win over Hofstra. The Tribe’s Latrice Hunter earned the Rookie nod after scoring 17 points in a touch loss to North Carolina A&T.
Broyles wraps up the minute with additional information on where CAA hoops fans can find videos and features for our Fullcourt Press segment. Check out this past weekend’s work at UD on CAASports.com and on our official basketball blogs (CAA Hoops Scoop, men’s) and on the CAA Baseline Buzz (women’s).
- WATCH #CAAFB Media Day Live!
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson
- Chad Holbrook Named CofC Head Baseball Coach
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Elon
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors
- Heck Named Assoc. Commissioner For Compliance