Jan 6, 2014, 3:14 PM EST
William & Mary senior runner Elaina Balouris, a consensus All-American in both cross country and track & field, was named 2013 Virginia College Female Athlete of the Year on Monday by the Portsmouth Sports Club.
Balouris will be honored at the Renaissance Hotel on the Portsmouth Waterfront in Portsmouth, Va., on Jan. 15.
Balouris rightfully earned the honor after a stellar 2013 fall that saw her earn her second consecutive CAA individual title, while helping the Tribe earn an impressive — and perfect — 1-5 team first-place finish at the league championships as well. At the Southeast Regionals, Balouris finished second on the team and sixth overall to make the All-Region squad for the fourth time in as many years. The Tribe also set a program-record with 69 points placed second to qualify for the NCAAs for the second straight year. She set the tone early in the fall, capturing first-place honors at the Spider Alumni Open and the Panorama Farms Invitational.
Balouris, who capped off the 2013 cross country season with a 11th overall finish at the NCAA Championships in Terre Haute, Ind., is just the second runner in Tribe history to earn All-Region honors four times.
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- Hofstra, JMU Punch #CAAChamps Semifinal Tickets
- UNCW Wins, WM Falls in NCAA First Round
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- WM, UNCW Earn NCAA Berths
- CofC, Mummey Headline All-CAA Volleyball Honors
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Nov. 15
- Volleyball #CAAChamps Open On Thursday At JMU
- WM's Bustamante Named National Player of the Week
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls