Dec 7, 2013, 7:12 PM EDT
The Hofstra softball coaching staff was recognized as the Northeast Region Coaching Staff of the Year for 2013 in a ceremony earlier today. Head coach Bill Edwards, associate head coach Larissa Anderson and assistant coaches Kate Stake and Adrienne Clark were recognized at the National Fastpitch Coaches Association’s national convention at the San Antonio Marriott Rivercenter.
Hofstra’s coaches helped lead the Pride to a Colonial Athletic Association championship and a spot in the NCAA Columbia Regional finals against Missouri.
Hofstra ended the 2013 season with a 46-13 record while setting the program-standard for single-season wins, besting the previous mark of 45-win campaigns set by both the 2008 and 2010 squads. The Pride also secured its second straight CAA Tournament crown (10th in the last 12 years) and its 11th all-time CAA regular-season title. In the NCAA Tournament, the Pride posted a 3-2 mark, topping Oregon State twice and forcing an elimination game against No. 8 Missouri via a 10-0 (5 inn.) rout before falling in the regional title game, 5-0.
Edwards has now been named the NFCA Regional Coach of the Year 12 times in his career (1993-95, 1997, 2000, 2003-05, 2007-08, 2012-13), including seven with Anderson on the staff. Hofstra has posted 40-wins campaigns seven times in the last nine seasons.
Earlier at the convention, Edwards and his staff led a discussion entitled “Choosing Your Optimum Team Defense.”
- Volleyball Weekly Honors - Sept. 25
- Season-High Six CAAFB Teams In FCS Top 25
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Sept. 25
- Men's Soccer Weekly Honors - Sept. 25
- Women's Soccer Weekly Honors - Sept. 25
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Sept. 25
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette