Oct 31, 2013, 9:59 AM EST
Three CAA student-athletes — Towson’s Haley Pa’akaula, Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills and Delaware’s Esmee Peet — who earned weekly league honors for volleyball and field hockey, respectively, have also been named Corvias ECAC Players of the Week, the organization announced on Wednesday.
Pa’akaula and Wills shared weekly CAA volleyball offensive honors on Monday. Pa’akaula helped the Tigers to a 2-1 week, with wins over Navy and JMU. The Hawaii native hit .410 and collected 39 kills (3.90 per set) over the week and Towson won its first league contest of the season versus the Dukes. Wills not only earned weekly honors in consecutive weeks, but won her fifth CAA nod of the season. Hofstra went 2-0 with a road win over Sacred Heart and a home win over a solid Northeastern squad. The junior averaged 3.89 kills per set and also added 17 digs and eight blocks.
Peet had a large role in Delaware’s 2-0 week that included wins over Hofstra and Northeastern. The freshman impressed, registering a hat trick and one assist versus the Pride in a 6-0 rout, then scored another tally on the road versus Northeastern, a 3-0 victory. The Blue Hens improved to 5-0 in CAA play, assuring at least a share of the conference title before heading into the final weekend of the regular season. She has 10 goals and 24 points this season and is one point shy of setting a new UD freshman record.
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Nov. 24
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths