Oct 31, 2013, 9:59 AM EDT
Three CAA student-athletes — Towson’s Haley Pa’akaula, Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills and Delaware’s Esmee Peet — who earned weekly league honors for volleyball and field hockey, respectively, have also been named Corvias ECAC Players of the Week, the organization announced on Wednesday.
Pa’akaula and Wills shared weekly CAA volleyball offensive honors on Monday. Pa’akaula helped the Tigers to a 2-1 week, with wins over Navy and JMU. The Hawaii native hit .410 and collected 39 kills (3.90 per set) over the week and Towson won its first league contest of the season versus the Dukes. Wills not only earned weekly honors in consecutive weeks, but won her fifth CAA nod of the season. Hofstra went 2-0 with a road win over Sacred Heart and a home win over a solid Northeastern squad. The junior averaged 3.89 kills per set and also added 17 digs and eight blocks.
Peet had a large role in Delaware’s 2-0 week that included wins over Hofstra and Northeastern. The freshman impressed, registering a hat trick and one assist versus the Pride in a 6-0 rout, then scored another tally on the road versus Northeastern, a 3-0 victory. The Blue Hens improved to 5-0 in CAA play, assuring at least a share of the conference title before heading into the final weekend of the regular season. She has 10 goals and 24 points this season and is one point shy of setting a new UD freshman record.
- Ryder, Shorey Named Student-Athletes Of The Year
- UD's DeLuca Earns USILA National Defensive Player of the Week
- TU's Alexander, Elon's Mactas Share Golfer of the Week
- WM's Choi Named Golfer of the Week
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 28
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 28
- Baseball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Softball Weekly Honors - March 27
- Women's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27
- Men's Lacrosse Weekly Report - March 27