Oct 31, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Three CAA field hockey standouts — Northeastern’s Lindsay Bennett, Delaware’s Heather Hartman and Drexel’s Lindsay McArdle — were selected to play in the 2013 NFHCA Division I Senior Game on Nov. 23 at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.
Each player was chosen specifically to play in the game among 38 of the nation’s best Division I field hockey seniors. The contest is set for 2:15 in Virginia Beach, Va.
Bennett is the only senior on Northeastern, but has shown great leadership abilities this season. She’s started each game played (17) and ranks second on her team in goals (7) and points with 17.
Hartman, like Bennett, has been consistent as a Blue Hen, appearing in 70 games over her four-year career. UD is currently 12-4, 5-0 and enters the final weekend of the regular season having already clinched at least a share of the CAA title. Hartman has had a hand in that success, collecting five points on three assists and one goal.
McArdle, the 2013 CAA preseason Player of the Year and Drexel co-captain, has tallied nine points on four goals and one assist this season. Drexel heads into Friday’s matchup versus Delaware sitting one game behind the Blue Hens in the league standings at 3-1. McArdle also ranks 16th all-time on the Drexel career points list.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday