Oct 31, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Three CAA field hockey standouts — Northeastern’s Lindsay Bennett, Delaware’s Heather Hartman and Drexel’s Lindsay McArdle — were selected to play in the 2013 NFHCA Division I Senior Game on Nov. 23 at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.
Each player was chosen specifically to play in the game among 38 of the nation’s best Division I field hockey seniors. The contest is set for 2:15 in Virginia Beach, Va.
Bennett is the only senior on Northeastern, but has shown great leadership abilities this season. She’s started each game played (17) and ranks second on her team in goals (7) and points with 17.
Hartman, like Bennett, has been consistent as a Blue Hen, appearing in 70 games over her four-year career. UD is currently 12-4, 5-0 and enters the final weekend of the regular season having already clinched at least a share of the CAA title. Hartman has had a hand in that success, collecting five points on three assists and one goal.
McArdle, the 2013 CAA preseason Player of the Year and Drexel co-captain, has tallied nine points on four goals and one assist this season. Drexel heads into Friday’s matchup versus Delaware sitting one game behind the Blue Hens in the league standings at 3-1. McArdle also ranks 16th all-time on the Drexel career points list.
- Saunderson Earns All-America Honors In 100 Fly
- JMU Falls at WVU In WNIT Third Round
- CAA Team Set For 3X3U National Championship
- Campus Connected: Don't Doubt the Dukes
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 23
- #CAASports Closeup with Kyle Brnovich
- Smith Named WBCA Regional Coach of the Year
- JMU Meets WVU in WNIT on Friday
- Saunderson Starts NCAA Championships
- Wright-Foreman Named ECAC Player Of The Year