Oct 31, 2013, 5:16 PM EDT
Three CAA field hockey standouts — Northeastern’s Lindsay Bennett, Delaware’s Heather Hartman and Drexel’s Lindsay McArdle — were selected to play in the 2013 NFHCA Division I Senior Game on Nov. 23 at the Virginia Beach Sportsplex.
Each player was chosen specifically to play in the game among 38 of the nation’s best Division I field hockey seniors. The contest is set for 2:15 in Virginia Beach, Va.
Bennett is the only senior on Northeastern, but has shown great leadership abilities this season. She’s started each game played (17) and ranks second on her team in goals (7) and points with 17.
Hartman, like Bennett, has been consistent as a Blue Hen, appearing in 70 games over her four-year career. UD is currently 12-4, 5-0 and enters the final weekend of the regular season having already clinched at least a share of the CAA title. Hartman has had a hand in that success, collecting five points on three assists and one goal.
McArdle, the 2013 CAA preseason Player of the Year and Drexel co-captain, has tallied nine points on four goals and one assist this season. Drexel heads into Friday’s matchup versus Delaware sitting one game behind the Blue Hens in the league standings at 3-1. McArdle also ranks 16th all-time on the Drexel career points list.
- Hathaway Named MBB Oversight Committee Chair
- Four Conferences Join MBB Officiating Alliance
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson at William & Mary
- All Seven WLAX Teams Are IWLCA Academic Honor Squads
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston at Towson
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson