Oct 30, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The College of Charleston men’s and women’s swimming/diving teams will host a bone marrow drive on Nov. 14, partnering with the “Be The Match” National Bone Marrow Program.
The Cougars will work during the event to raise awareness and money for the transplant registry as well as sign up potential bone marrow donors. The sign-up will be held on Nov. 14 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Quad and Portico outside of Physicians Memorial Auditorium, which according to the school, is across from the Stern Student Center. It does not take much to become a potential match for someone in need of a bone marrow transplant, just a swab taken from the inner cheek to identify a future match.
Both squads are also hosting a fundraiser Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Moe’s Southwest Grille on King St., where 10% of the sales will be donated to the match program.
- CAA Football Rewind - Sept. 23
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week