Oct 30, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The College of Charleston men’s and women’s swimming/diving teams will host a bone marrow drive on Nov. 14, partnering with the “Be The Match” National Bone Marrow Program.
The Cougars will work during the event to raise awareness and money for the transplant registry as well as sign up potential bone marrow donors. The sign-up will be held on Nov. 14 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Quad and Portico outside of Physicians Memorial Auditorium, which according to the school, is across from the Stern Student Center. It does not take much to become a potential match for someone in need of a bone marrow transplant, just a swab taken from the inner cheek to identify a future match.
Both squads are also hosting a fundraiser Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Moe’s Southwest Grille on King St., where 10% of the sales will be donated to the match program.
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Clark, Kutch Conclude Swimming & Diving Championships
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- Kutch Breaks Own Record at Day 3 of NCAA Championships
- Clark & Kutch Ready for NCAA Championships
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview