Oct 30, 2013, 12:51 PM EDT
The College of Charleston men’s and women’s swimming/diving teams will host a bone marrow drive on Nov. 14, partnering with the “Be The Match” National Bone Marrow Program.
The Cougars will work during the event to raise awareness and money for the transplant registry as well as sign up potential bone marrow donors. The sign-up will be held on Nov. 14 from 12:00 p.m. – 5:00 p.m. at the Quad and Portico outside of Physicians Memorial Auditorium, which according to the school, is across from the Stern Student Center. It does not take much to become a potential match for someone in need of a bone marrow transplant, just a swab taken from the inner cheek to identify a future match.
Both squads are also hosting a fundraiser Wednesday, Oct. 30 at Moe’s Southwest Grille on King St., where 10% of the sales will be donated to the match program.
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings