Oct 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Raven Wilkinson is back to guide viewers through Thursday’s edition of the #CAAMinute. James Madison LB Gage Steele and Christophe Mulumba of Maine have been named to the 2013 Jerry Rice Award Watch List. The award, which honors the nation’s top FCS rookie, has been won by CAA Football in each of its two years of existence after Towson’s Terrance West won in 2011 and Villanova’s John Robertson received the nod in 2012. In field hockey news, Delaware’s Michaela Patzner picked up CAA Player of the Week honors (for the second time this season) while Rookie accolades went to Northeastern’s Natalie Stewart, who won the first award of the year for the Huskies.
There were some familiar faces for this week’s cross country award winners, as Towson’s Elizabeth Tauber once again was selected Women’s Cross Country Runner of the Week on the heels of a third-place finish and record performance at Lehigh’s Paul Short Invitational. On the men’s side, College of Charleston’s Mackenzie Johnston earned his second Runner of the Week nod of the season after a strong showing at the Appalachian State Invitational.
- Drexel Falls to Fordham in WNIT Second Round
- JMU Advances to WNIT Third Round
- Clark, Kutch Conclude Swimming & Diving Championships
- Charleston Falls 62-58 To Auburn In NCAA Tourney
- Drexel Notches WNIT Win
- NC State Knocks Elon from NCAA Tournament
- JMU Opens WNIT with Win
- Kutch Breaks Own Record at Day 3 of NCAA Championships
- Clark & Kutch Ready for NCAA Championships
- #CAAHoops: WBB National Postseason Preview