Oct 10, 2013, 11:42 AM EDT
Raven Wilkinson is back to guide viewers through Thursday’s edition of the #CAAMinute. James Madison LB Gage Steele and Christophe Mulumba of Maine have been named to the 2013 Jerry Rice Award Watch List. The award, which honors the nation’s top FCS rookie, has been won by CAA Football in each of its two years of existence after Towson’s Terrance West won in 2011 and Villanova’s John Robertson received the nod in 2012. In field hockey news, Delaware’s Michaela Patzner picked up CAA Player of the Week honors (for the second time this season) while Rookie accolades went to Northeastern’s Natalie Stewart, who won the first award of the year for the Huskies.
There were some familiar faces for this week’s cross country award winners, as Towson’s Elizabeth Tauber once again was selected Women’s Cross Country Runner of the Week on the heels of a third-place finish and record performance at Lehigh’s Paul Short Invitational. On the men’s side, College of Charleston’s Mackenzie Johnston earned his second Runner of the Week nod of the season after a strong showing at the Appalachian State Invitational.
- Towson Tabs Diane Richardson As WBB Head Coach
- Seven Nominated by Schools for NCAA Woman of the Year
- CAA Hosts Successful SAAC Summit
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Northeastern at CofC
- Nauck Attends Women's Sports Awards Ceremony
- Rome Earns Second Straight Athlete of the Year Honor
- Holmes, Frenia Headline 2017 Men's T&F Honors
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners