Oct 1, 2013, 12:57 PM EDT
Tuesday’s edition of the #CAAMinute starts with weekly men’s soccer honors. Drexel’s Ken Tribbett was named Player of the Week after scoring a goal in each game as the Dragons went 2-0 with victories over Rutgers and William & Mary. This week’s Rookie nod went to Delaware’s Jaime Martinez, who recorded a goal and an assist as the Blue Hens topped Iona, 3-0, for their fourth-straight win last Wednesday. Women’s soccer honors were awarded to Sam Scolarici of Hofstra (Player of the Week) after finishing with four goals to help the Pride open CAA play with a pair of victories. Northeastern’s Haley Sinclair secured the Rookie award after scoring the game-winning goal on a header in the 69th minute to lead the Huskies to a 2-1 victory over UNCW on Sunday.
College of Charleston’s Cara Howley collected Offensive Player of the Week for volleyball honors as the Cougars opened their first-ever CAA slate with two key road victories over Northeastern and Hofstra. Paige Sekerak of Towson was tabbed Defensive Player of the Week after registering 30 digs in a win over George Washington to help the Tigers end a five-game losing skid. Rookie honors went to Northeastern’s Jamie Bredahl, who posted a pair of double-doubles as the Huskies went 1-1 over the week.
- NU Places 17th at NCAA Championships
- Delaware Captures First CAA Baseball Title
- W&M's Rome Headlines Athletes Headed To Eugene
- Beehler Pitches UNCW Into CAA Title Game
- NU Moves Onto C Finals at NCAA Championship
- Towson Falls to Ohio State 11-10 in NCAA Semis
- Northeastern Stays Alive With 8-5 Win Over CofC
- NU Crews Advance to C/D Semis of NCAA Championships
- Delaware Beats UNCW To Reach CAA Title Game
- CofC Rallies Past W&M, 7-6, In 11 Innings