Sep 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
William and Mary athletics announced on Monday that Tribe senior women’s tennis standouts Maria Belaya and Jeltje Loomans will compete in the Riviera/ITA All-American Championships on Oct. 1 at the Riviera Tennis Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif.
Belaya, the 2013 CAA Player of the Year, will open up play in the field-of-64 singles draw, before joining Loomans in the main doubles draw. This fall, the Florida native Belaya owns a 3-3 mark and is ranked No. 99 in Division I according to the ITA national poll. At the event which starts Tuesday, she must win three consecutive matches over the first two days to qualify and advance to the field of 32.
In doubles action, Loomans and Belaya are ranked seventh in Division I. The due, which is a perfect 6-0 during the fall season thus far, earned one of 20 at-large spots for the tournament. Loomans is a native of the Netherlands and was a first-team All-CAA doubles team member the past two years.
Singles semifinalists, doubles finalists and even consolation victors will receive automatic entry bids into the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships taking place from Nov. 7-10 in Flushing, N.Y.
- McConnell, Rooney Headline 2018 All-CAA Baseball Team
- Delaware Selected for Preseason WNIT
- Four CAA Tennis Players Receive ITA Regional Awards
- CAA Baseball Championship Gets Started On Wednesday
- Baseball Weekly Honors - May 21
- Hofstra, JMU End Seasons In Regionals
- Pairings Set For 2018 CAA Baseball Championship
- On to the NCAA Semifinals! No. 3 JMU Knocks Off No. 6 Florida to Advance
- Dukes Earn Victory In Postseason Opener, Pride Fall In Extras
- Seven Earn IL Women Media All-American Honors