Sep 30, 2013, 4:51 PM EDT
William and Mary athletics announced on Monday that Tribe senior women’s tennis standouts Maria Belaya and Jeltje Loomans will compete in the Riviera/ITA All-American Championships on Oct. 1 at the Riviera Tennis Club in Pacific Palisades, Calif.
Belaya, the 2013 CAA Player of the Year, will open up play in the field-of-64 singles draw, before joining Loomans in the main doubles draw. This fall, the Florida native Belaya owns a 3-3 mark and is ranked No. 99 in Division I according to the ITA national poll. At the event which starts Tuesday, she must win three consecutive matches over the first two days to qualify and advance to the field of 32.
In doubles action, Loomans and Belaya are ranked seventh in Division I. The due, which is a perfect 6-0 during the fall season thus far, earned one of 20 at-large spots for the tournament. Loomans is a native of the Netherlands and was a first-team All-CAA doubles team member the past two years.
Singles semifinalists, doubles finalists and even consolation victors will receive automatic entry bids into the USTA/ITA National Indoor Intercollegiate Championships taking place from Nov. 7-10 in Flushing, N.Y.
- Hathaway Named MBB Oversight Committee Chair
- Four Conferences Join MBB Officiating Alliance
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Towson at William & Mary
- All Seven WLAX Teams Are IWLCA Academic Honor Squads
- JMU Picked To Capture 2017 CAA Football Title
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Charleston at Towson
- #CAAFB Media Day Live Rewind
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson