Sep 26, 2013, 1:23 PM EST
The league switched things up a little on Thursday as Raven Wilkinson took over for Bobby Broyles on the #CAAMinute.
Wilkinson opens the action breaking down the men’s soccer, highlighted by William & Mary’s crucial win on Tuesday night, as the Tribe knocked off the nation’s No. 1 team, North Carolina, 1-0. Sophomore Jackson Eskay’s goal in the 73rd minute proved to be the difference-maker for W&M, whose win was its third-straight over a ranked opponent and second in 10 days over a team holding the No. 1 spot in the poll.
CAA field hockey weekly honors went to James Madison’s Taylor West, who shared the Player of the Week nod honor after unleashing for five goals and 12 points for the Dukes during an impressive 2-0 week. Drexel co-captain Elise DiDonato was also tabbed Player of the Week after leading the Dragons to two road wins, including a victory over number 10 Iowa. Delaware’s Megan Winesett received rookie honors after helping the Blue Hens earn a 1-1 split over a weekend, while registering two goals and one assist in a 4-3 victory over Bucknell.
Wilkinson wraps up today’s minute with some news from basketball. The CAA season is right around the corner and the league launched a new Twitter feed solely dedicated to CAA Hoops, which you can follow under the handle, @CAABasketball.
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- UNCW Faces UNC in NCAA Second Round