Sep 26, 2013, 1:23 PM EDT
The league switched things up a little on Thursday as Raven Wilkinson took over for Bobby Broyles on the #CAAMinute.
Wilkinson opens the action breaking down the men’s soccer, highlighted by William & Mary’s crucial win on Tuesday night, as the Tribe knocked off the nation’s No. 1 team, North Carolina, 1-0. Sophomore Jackson Eskay’s goal in the 73rd minute proved to be the difference-maker for W&M, whose win was its third-straight over a ranked opponent and second in 10 days over a team holding the No. 1 spot in the poll.
CAA field hockey weekly honors went to James Madison’s Taylor West, who shared the Player of the Week nod honor after unleashing for five goals and 12 points for the Dukes during an impressive 2-0 week. Drexel co-captain Elise DiDonato was also tabbed Player of the Week after leading the Dragons to two road wins, including a victory over number 10 Iowa. Delaware’s Megan Winesett received rookie honors after helping the Blue Hens earn a 1-1 split over a weekend, while registering two goals and one assist in a 4-3 victory over Bucknell.
Wilkinson wraps up today’s minute with some news from basketball. The CAA season is right around the corner and the league launched a new Twitter feed solely dedicated to CAA Hoops, which you can follow under the handle, @CAABasketball.
- Defending National Champs Headline Preseason FH Poll
- Smith, LaMonica Tabbed as WPLL Coaches
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UNH
- UNCW's Cover Advances to US Amateur Match Play
- CAA Announces MBB Conference Schedule
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Maine
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 William & Mary at James Madison
- UNCW MGOLF Tabs Bowden Interim Head Coach
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - JMU
- NU Picked To Repeat as #CAAChamps