Sep 26, 2013, 3:19 PM EST
With league play starting this week, it’s only fitting to dive into some of the most intriguing and important numbers and stats from the season thus far. To access the weekly volleyball report, click here.
League teams have had plenty of home-court success this season, owning a combined 30-8 mark in the confines of their own backyard. UNCW (4-0), Hofstra (7-0), Delaware (3-0), Northeastern (4-0) and Towson (1-0) have remained perfect so far in 2013. NU has racked up 22 straight home victories and hasn’t lost a match at Cabot Center since 2011.
Four players currently rank in the Top-20 statistically in Division I. UNCW’s Meredith Peacock ranks No. 10 in blocks per set with 1.44 and Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills ranks 11th and 15th in kills per set (4.55) and points per set (5.17), respectively. Meanwhile, two of the league’s top libero’s, Northeastern’s Natalia Skiba and Delaware’s Ariel Shonk, rank No. 3 and 15, respectively in digs per set. Skiba average 6.16, compared to Shonk’s 5.30 average.
Did you know?:
- UNCW ranks No. 14 in the nation with 1.83 aces per set and Hofstra comes in at No. 25 with 1.71 per set.
- The Tribe of William & Mary average 16.21 digs per set — good for No. 36 in Division I.
- College of Charleston ranks first in the league in kills per set (13.26, No. 95 in nation) and hitting percentage (.256, No. 49 in nation).
- Only two players in the CAA are currently hitting over .300 for the season. They are, Cara Howley of CofC, hitting ,316, and teammate Sloane White, who hits .311. NU’s Nichole Kurz is close behind at .299.
- William & Mary freshman Paige Lucas is the highest-ranked first-year for any of the conference individual stats. She ranks second in assists per set with an average of 9.44. The next closest, highest-ranked freshman is JMU’s Janey Goodman, who who ranks fifth in the conference in kills (169) and kills per set (3.19).
- This Week In CAA Football - Playoff Preview #1
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18