Sep 26, 2013, 12:08 PM EDT
With league play starting this week, it’s only fitting to dive into some of the most intriguing and important numbers and stats from the season thus far. To access the weekly field hockey report, click here.
CAA teams have an overall combined record of 19-9 at home this year, while Delaware (4-0), James Madison (4-0) and #18 Drexel (3-0) have not lost on their home turf yet.
JMU’s Taylor West leads the league in almost every offensive category. West leads the CAA in shots (43), shots per game (4.78), as well as points (23) and points per game (2.56). The Dukes’ sophomore also owns the most goals in the league (10), though Delaware’s Michaela Patzner (7) and Hofstra’s Jonel Boileau (6) and Stella Schoen (6) are not far behind. West’s goals per game average is good enough for a tie at No. 3 in Division I and her points per game average ranks fifth.
Drexel senior co-captain Elise DiDonato leads the league in assists with six through eight games. Just last week, DiDonato registered four assists alone in a 6-1 victory at Kent State. William & Mary’s Pippin Saunders and Schoen are tied for second with four apiece.
Hofstra senior goalkeeper Kaitlyn De Turo easily leads the league in saves with 65 for an average of 7.22 saves per contest. Drexel’s Jantien Gunter leads the CAA in shutouts with two already this season. She also ranks first in save percentage (.761).
Towson as a team ranks No. 4 in Division I in defensive saves with six. Northeastern is currently two spots behind at No. 6 with 5 defensive saves. James Madison ranks seventh in Division I with a goals against average of 1.13 and is also seventh in goals per game (3.63).
- CAA Hosts SAAC Leadership Summit June 23-25
- Towson Selects Matt Tyner As New Baseball Coach
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Elon at William & Mary
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft