Sep 20, 2013, 9:28 AM EDT
Friday’s edition of the #CAAMinute features the CAA’s weekly golf honorees in UNCW’s Ryan Nagy and Tribe women’s golfer Kelly Okun. Nagy tied for 13th and led the Seahawks to an eighth-place finish at the Tar Heel Intercollegiate after carding 71-75-72—218 (+2) in the highly competitive field, including national powers Georgia Tech, Duke, North Carolina and N.C. State. Okun’s three-day total of 76-73-70—218 (+5) at the W&M Fall Invitational (Kingsmill) marked the Tribe’s school record for a par-71 tournament and it was the third-best 54-hole score ever for all tournaments for an individual.
CAA.TV’s Bobby Broyles opens the daily news with information about five CAA men’s lacrosse players being taken in the National Lacrosse League Draft. The group of standouts selected were led by Drexel’s Robert Church, taken fifth overall by the Edmonton Rush.
Broyles wraps up the final Minute of this week highlighting the events set to take place this weekend, including two CAA Football broadcast on Comcast SportsNet and CAA.TV (online simulcast available outside of television markets).
- Pairings Set for Women's Lacrosse Championship
- Towson Clinches Top Seed & Hosts #CAALax Championship
- #CAALax Close-Up with Jack Adams & Ryan Tierney
- VU's Kpassagnon, Seaton Chosen In NFL Draft
- #CAASports Close-Up With Giovanna Kolofer
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 28-30
- Hofstra's Concannon & Byrne Nominated For Tewaaraton Award
- #CAASports Close-Up With Casey Golden
- UD & CofC's Fuenfstueck Headed to NCAA Regionals
- Talcott, Straume Earn Tennis MOP Honors