Sep 19, 2013, 12:53 PM EDT
Thursday’s edition of the #CAAMinute featured a familiar, yet new face as Raven Wilkinson takes over to break down more of the weekly league honors. Kicking things off with volleyball, Wilkinson starts with Offensive Player of the Week Kelsie Wills of Hofstra, who earned the honor for the second time this season. UNCW’s Morgan Kline shared Offensive honors with Wills after she was named MVP at the UNCW Classic this past weekend, helping the Seahawks to a 4-0 record. Delaware defensive specialist/libero Ariel Shonk won back-to-back Defensive Player of the Week accolades. Shonk also earned MVP honors at UD’s Invitational tournament last weekend. Volleyball award highlights come to a close with UNCW freshman Charlotte Lott, who earned Rookie honors following a weekend which saw her average 2.18 kills and 1.90 digs per set.
Wilkinson moves to CAA field hockey weekly honors, where Hofstra’s Jonel Boileau earned Co-Player of the Week thanks to a three-goal performance in a 4-3 OT win over Yale. She shared the honor with Delaware’s Michaela Patzner, who scored three times over two games for the Blue Hens last week. The Rookie nod went to fellow Blue Hen and freshman Maddie O’Beirne, who collected two goals in a 5-1 route over Michigan State last Sunday.
Cross Country award winners didn’t go unnoticed this week, as College of Charleston’s Mackenzie Johnston earned men’s Runner of the Week after he broke the school record for an 8K race with a time of 24:51.18 at the Furman Cross Country Classic. Towson’s Elizabeth Tauber took home women’s Runner of the Week due to setting a personal best in a 6K with a time of 22:08.44 to finish second at the Delaware Invitational and help the Tigers earn third as a team with a score of 76.
Thanks for sticking with the CAA through today’s minute. Remember, you can keep up with all the fall sports action by visiting CAASports.com.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday