Sep 18, 2013, 3:01 PM EDT
CAA Men’s lacrosse was well represented in the 2013 National Lacrosse League (NLL) Entry Draft, with five former standouts hearing their names called on Monday night.
A total of 55 players were drafted over the course of the event, which took place at the Toronto Rock Athletic Centre in Oakville, Ontario. Drexel and Delaware led the way with two players chosen each. Former Dragons Robert Church and Garrett MacIntosh were chosen with picks No. 5 and 24, respectively, while former Blue Hens Nick Diachenko and Dom Sebastiani were picked with the 14th and 40th selections, respectively. Hofstra also had an alum drafted in Adrian Sorichetti at the No. 13 spot.
Church was chosen with the fifth overall pick in the draft by the Edmonton Rush. A first-team All-CAA member in 2013, Church registered 33 goals and dished out 24 assists for 57 points as a senior this past season. He finished his Drexel career with 121 career goals — good for third all-time on the Dragons’ scoring list. MacIntosh, who also earned first-team All-CAA honors last spring, was chosen by the Calgary Roughnecks. The Canadian scored 38 goals and 18 assists, while Drexel finished the 2012 season 11-4.
Diachenko earned second-team All-CAA honors in 2013 and was also chosen in the second round by Buffalo. He led the Blue Hens last year with 35 goals and 39 points. Sebastiani, who was drafted by Colorado, appeared in eight games this past season, scoring two goals and adding two assists.
Sorichetti was selected by the Rush with the No. 13 overall pick in the second round. A recent 2013 graduate of Hofstra, Sorichetti finished third on his team last season with 15 goals and 27 points. A native on Whitby, Ontario, Canada, Sorichetti was a 2012 first-team All-CAA member and finished his Pride career with 60 goals and 33 assists.
To watch the entire 2013 NLL Draft on demand, click here.
- JMU Holds One Stroke Lead After Exciting #CAAChamps Second Round
- Charleston, W&M, JMU And Elon Advance To Women's Tennis Semifinals
- Drexel Joins Top Three Seeds In CAA Men's Tennis Semifinals
- JMU Leads After First Round of Men's Golf Championship
- CAA Weekend Preview - April 20
- Towson Tops Hofstra In CAA Women's Tennis Opener
- Buresch, Dandola Named NFCA Freshman of the Year Candidates
- Men's Golf Championship Begins Friday Morning
- Two #CAALax Players Taken in MLL Collegiate Draft
- CAA Tennis Championships Start Thursday