Sep 17, 2013, 1:44 PM EST
The #CAAMinute returned on Tuesday, with Bobby Broyles kicking off the action breaking down highlights from William & Mary’s men’s soccer victory over No. 1 Creighton. The Tribe defeated the Jays, 3-2, in OT on Sunday, while it marked the second straight season that a CAA team has knocked off the nation’s No. 1 team. JMU defeated then-No. 1 North Carolina in 2012.
Broyles stays on the pitch with more men’s soccer action by showing highlights of the league’s weekly award winners. W&M’s Jackson Eskay took home Player of the Week honors after registering one goal and one assist over a 1-1-1 week for the Tribe. CAA men’s soccer rookies shined this past week, with UD’s Guillermo Delgado and Ignacio Gorrono of Hofstra sharing the first-year weekly award. Guillermo notched four goals over the week, while Gorrono had both goals in a 2-1 OT victory over #25 Brown on Sunday.
Broyles wraps up Tuesday’s minute with highlights of CAA women’s soccer weekly awards. Maddie McCormick of UNCW earned POTW honors after scoring three goals and dishing out two assists over two wins for the Seahawks. JMU freshman Ashley Herndon was named Rookie of the Week thanks to scoring one goal to go along with one assist in a 3-2 victory at Charlotte last Friday.
Keep up with all the fall sports action by visiting CAASports.com.
- Lauletta, Ankrah Lead CAAFB All-Conference Team
- Four CAAFB Teams In Final Regular-Season Polls
- Men's Basketball Weekly Honors - Nov. 20
- Women's Basketball Weekly Report - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Media Teleconference - Nov. 20
- CAA Football Weekly Awards - Nov. 20
- UNCW Edged By UNC 2-1 in NCAA Second Round
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- UNCW Faces UNC in NCAA Second Round