Sep 11, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Tuesday’s edition of the #CAAMinute highlights the league’s weekly men’s and women’s soccer award winners.
Bobby Broyles opens the action starting on the women’s side as Hofstra’s Sam Scolarici took home the honor offensively after scoring three goals and adding two assists in the Pride’s victories over Marist and UAlbany last week. Rookie of the Week honors went to Delaware’s Natalie Zelenky, who recorded a goal and an assist in a 2-1 overtime triumph over Loyola Maryland last Friday.
On the men’s side, Northeastern’s Terrence Carter was named Player of the Week after scoring his first two goals of the season to help the Huskies extend their home unbeaten streak to 17 games with a 5-2 win over Fairfield on Saturday. William & Mary’s Mac Phillips received the Rookie honor after making a career-high five saves and recording his first career shutout in the Tribe’s impressive 4-0 road victory over Old Dominion on Saturday.
Keep up with all the fall sports action as well as highlights, schedules, statistics and more by visiting CAASports.com.
- CAA Weekend Preview - March 24-26
- TU's Saunderson Competes at NCAA Championships
- JMU Falls to Villanova in Overtime
- CAA Football Announces Academic All-Conference Team
- Grant, 10 Players Earn NABC All-District Honors
- CofC's Rainey Named Golfer of the Week
- CofC's Fuenfstueck Earns Golfer of the Week
- Track & Field Weekly Honors - March 21
- Men's and Women's Tennis Weekly Honors - March 21
- Hofstra's Parrella Named National Rookie of the Week