Sep 11, 2013, 11:34 AM EDT
Tuesday’s edition of the #CAAMinute highlights the league’s weekly men’s and women’s soccer award winners.
Bobby Broyles opens the action starting on the women’s side as Hofstra’s Sam Scolarici took home the honor offensively after scoring three goals and adding two assists in the Pride’s victories over Marist and UAlbany last week. Rookie of the Week honors went to Delaware’s Natalie Zelenky, who recorded a goal and an assist in a 2-1 overtime triumph over Loyola Maryland last Friday.
On the men’s side, Northeastern’s Terrence Carter was named Player of the Week after scoring his first two goals of the season to help the Huskies extend their home unbeaten streak to 17 games with a 5-2 win over Fairfield on Saturday. William & Mary’s Mac Phillips received the Rookie honor after making a career-high five saves and recording his first career shutout in the Tribe’s impressive 4-0 road victory over Old Dominion on Saturday.
Keep up with all the fall sports action as well as highlights, schedules, statistics and more by visiting CAASports.com.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday