Sep 10, 2013, 1:04 PM EST
PLAYER OF THE WEEK:
Christina Conrad • Drexel
Fallston, Md./ Fallston, Jr., Midfield/Forward
Conrad posted three goals and one assist to help the Dragons to a 1-1 record last week. In Friday’s home opener versus Saint Joseph’s, the junior notched two second-half goals, including the game-winner in the 56th minute, to give Drexel a 2-1 victory. In a tough test at No. 2 Maryland on Sunday, Conrad supplied an assist on a Lindsay McArdle goal and also recorded an unassisted tally in the 8-3 setback.
ROOKIE OF THE WEEK:
Esmee Peet • Delaware
Zeewolde, The Netherlands/RSG Slingerbos, Fr., Midfield
Peet stepped up for the Blue Hens versus Central Michigan last Friday, not only scoring her first career goal, but finishing with two scores in a 4-2 victory. Peet’s first goal came in the third minute of play, with her second tally coming early in the second half to extend the lead to 3-0. Delaware finished the week 2-0 and improved to 3-1 on the season.
CAA QUICK HITS:
- Delaware improved to 3-1 on the season after two nice home victories this past week. Freshman Esmee Peet recorded two goals in a 4-2 win over Central Michigan, while Michaela Patzner and Kasey Prettyman also supplied a tally in the win. UD scored a goal in the 47th minute from Allie Mikelson which proved to be the difference in a 2-1 victory over Lafayette on Sunday. Redshirt freshman Maddie O’Beirne scored her first career goal to open up the scoring.
- Northeastern only played one contest over the week, but the Huskies made it count with a 2-1 road victory over Providence. Lindsay Bennett and Caroline Judge each netted one goal in the first half to help NU improve to 2-1.
- Drexel evened its record to 2-2 after earning a split over two games last week. Christina Conrad supplied all the offense in a 2-1 victory over rival St. Joseph’s with both goals. In a 8-3 defeat at No. 2 Maryland, junior goalkeeper Jantien Gunter set a career-high with 16 saves, while Conrad scored another goal and assisted another from Lindsay McArdle. McArdle now ranks 15th on the all-time Drexel goals list.
- James Madison dropped its only two contests of the week to American University and Columbia, respectively. The Dukes, who are now 2-2, outshot Columbia 20-8 in a 2-1 loss on Sunday, while Taylor Bailey registered the team’s lone goal.
- William & Mary also lost its only two contests of the week versus Louisville and and Ohio, respectively. In the Tribe’s 4-1 setback to the Cardinals, Pippin Saunders assisted Taylor Hodge for the team’s lone goal. In a 2-1 loss to the Bobcats on Saturday, freshman Olivia Hajek accounted for the lone tally which was also the first of her career.
- Hofstra went 1-2 this past week, though freshman Stella Schoen scored a total of three goals — inlcuding the lone two goals in a 5-2 loss versus Maine. Jonel Boileau accounted for two goals over the week.
- Towson earned a split over the week with a win over Georgetown on Sept. 6 and a tough 1-0 loss to Lehigh in Sunday. The win over the Hoyas was the first of the season for the Tigers, who saw three different players register a goal.
Non-conference play continues this week with 13 total games from Sept. 11-15.
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- Hofstra, JMU Punch #CAAChamps Semifinal Tickets
- UNCW Wins, WM Falls in NCAA First Round
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
- WM, UNCW Earn NCAA Berths
- CofC, Mummey Headline All-CAA Volleyball Honors
- Swimming/Diving Weekly Honors - Nov. 15
- Volleyball #CAAChamps Open On Thursday At JMU
- WM's Bustamante Named National Player of the Week
- Four CAAFB Teams Among Top 16 In FCS Polls