Sep 6, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Friday’s edition of the #CAAMinute features the one and only Bobby Broyles breaking down more of the league’s weekly honors.
James Madison’s Taylor West received field hockey Player of the Week accolades after scoring five goals to help the Dukes earn a 2-0 record over the weekend. Hofstra’s Stella Schoen received Rookie of the Week honors after racking up 3 goals in her collegiate debut to lead the Pride to a 5-1 win over La Salle.
Volleyball honors were also announced this week. Co-Offensive Players of the Week went to Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills and UNCW’s Christie Laite, who both earned MVP honors after leading their teams to their respective tournament titles this past weekend. Emily Neideffer was named Defensive Player of the Week for her 11-block effort as College of Charleston finished with a 3-0 record to win the Georgia Tech Invitational title. JMU’s Janey Goodman received Rookie of the Week honors.
Broyles wraps up the CAA’s weekly award winners with College of Charleston’s Adam Seften, who was named men’s cross country Runner of the Week. Seften won South Carolina’s Carolina Challenge last weekend to lead the Cougars to a second-place finish at the 5K event.
Keep up with all the fall sports action this weekend by visiting CAASports.com.
- Defending National Champs Headline Preseason FH Poll
- Smith, LaMonica Tabbed as WPLL Coaches
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - UNH
- UNCW's Cover Advances to US Amateur Match Play
- CAA Announces MBB Conference Schedule
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - Maine
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 William & Mary at James Madison
- UNCW MGOLF Tabs Bowden Interim Head Coach
- #CAAFB 12 Teams In 12 Days Preview - JMU
- NU Picked To Repeat as #CAAChamps