Sep 6, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Friday’s edition of the #CAAMinute features the one and only Bobby Broyles breaking down more of the league’s weekly honors.
James Madison’s Taylor West received field hockey Player of the Week accolades after scoring five goals to help the Dukes earn a 2-0 record over the weekend. Hofstra’s Stella Schoen received Rookie of the Week honors after racking up 3 goals in her collegiate debut to lead the Pride to a 5-1 win over La Salle.
Volleyball honors were also announced this week. Co-Offensive Players of the Week went to Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills and UNCW’s Christie Laite, who both earned MVP honors after leading their teams to their respective tournament titles this past weekend. Emily Neideffer was named Defensive Player of the Week for her 11-block effort as College of Charleston finished with a 3-0 record to win the Georgia Tech Invitational title. JMU’s Janey Goodman received Rookie of the Week honors.
Broyles wraps up the CAA’s weekly award winners with College of Charleston’s Adam Seften, who was named men’s cross country Runner of the Week. Seften won South Carolina’s Carolina Challenge last weekend to lead the Cougars to a second-place finish at the 5K event.
Keep up with all the fall sports action this weekend by visiting CAASports.com.
- Football Media Day Set For Tuesday
- CAA Social Showdown: William & Mary
- CAA Social Showdown: Towson
- Chad Holbrook Named CofC Head Baseball Coach
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Elon
- CAA Social Showdown: Northeastern
- Elon, UNCW, WM Earn GCAA All-Academic Team Honors
- Heck Named Assoc. Commissioner For Compliance
- Nine Named to NABC Honors Court
- CAA Social Showdown: UNCW