Sep 6, 2013, 11:28 AM EDT
Friday’s edition of the #CAAMinute features the one and only Bobby Broyles breaking down more of the league’s weekly honors.
James Madison’s Taylor West received field hockey Player of the Week accolades after scoring five goals to help the Dukes earn a 2-0 record over the weekend. Hofstra’s Stella Schoen received Rookie of the Week honors after racking up 3 goals in her collegiate debut to lead the Pride to a 5-1 win over La Salle.
Volleyball honors were also announced this week. Co-Offensive Players of the Week went to Hofstra’s Kelsie Wills and UNCW’s Christie Laite, who both earned MVP honors after leading their teams to their respective tournament titles this past weekend. Emily Neideffer was named Defensive Player of the Week for her 11-block effort as College of Charleston finished with a 3-0 record to win the Georgia Tech Invitational title. JMU’s Janey Goodman received Rookie of the Week honors.
Broyles wraps up the CAA’s weekly award winners with College of Charleston’s Adam Seften, who was named men’s cross country Runner of the Week. Seften won South Carolina’s Carolina Challenge last weekend to lead the Cougars to a second-place finish at the 5K event.
Keep up with all the fall sports action this weekend by visiting CAASports.com.
- CAA Partners With ScoreShots
- CAA Weekend Preview - Sept. 22
- #CAAFB Closeup - Stony Brook's Tyrice Beverette
- #CAAFB Going Deep: The Making of a Comeback
- #CAAFB Closeup - Towson's Will Hayes
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 4 Preview
- UNCW's Eldridge Named Men's Golfer of the Week
- Three Teams Ranked In NFHCA Poll For Second Straight Week
- COFC Sweeps XC Runners of the Week
- Field Hockey Weekly Honors - Sept. 19