Sep 5, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
The #CAAMinute returns on Thursday with Bobby Broyles again breaking down the league’s weekly honors and providing highlights.
UNCW’s Colin Bonner was selected as men’s soccer CAA Player of the Week after earning Most Valuable Player honors at the Wolstein Classic in which he led the Seahawks to two victories, including scoring both goals in a 2-1 double overtime win at Ohio State. UD freshman Guillermo Delgado was named Rookie of the Week after scoring three goals over the weekend to lead Delaware to season-opening victories over UNLV and Seattle University. The Spaniard contributed the Blue Hens’ first two goals against the Rebels, including the eventual game-winner.
On the women’s side, Hofstra’s Leah Galton received Player of the Week honors after finishing with six points, as Hofstra split a pair of games this past week. The sophomore had two goals and an assist in the Pride’s 6-5 setback to Boston College — a team that was receiving votes in national polls. Drexel’s Shyanne Kimbrough was named Rookie of the Week after scoring 3 goals — over just two appearances — including the game-tying tally in her collegiate debut versus Villanova. Broyles wraps up the minute with highlights of Delaware senior Lindsay Prettyman, who collected Women’s Cross Country Runner of the Week honors after leading the Blue Hens in the Mount St. Mary’s 5K Duals. Prettyman paced the ‘Hens by finishing 4th on the 5K course, helping Delaware defeat host Mount St. Mary’s, American, George Washington, and Maryland.
- JMU Knocks Off UNC to Advance to NCAA Championship Title Game
- All crews advance to C/D Semifinals on Day One at NCAAs
- Farrell Leads Northeastern To 7-2 Victory Over Delaware
- CAA Baseball Championship Game Moved Up To 11 AM On Saturday
- UNCW Advances To Fourth Straight CAA Title Game With 11-3 Win Over Elon
- Miller Drives In Three As Delaware Defeats Charleston, 5-1
- JMU's Elena Romesburg Receives NCAA Elite 90 Award
- Oldham's Walk-Off Single In The 12th Gives Elon 3-2 Victory Over Charleston
- UNCW Knocks Off Northeastern, 9-2, Behind Royalty's Complete Game
- NU Opens NCAA Rowing Championship on Friday