Sep 5, 2013, 10:55 AM EDT
The #CAAMinute returns on Thursday with Bobby Broyles again breaking down the league’s weekly honors and providing highlights.
UNCW’s Colin Bonner was selected as men’s soccer CAA Player of the Week after earning Most Valuable Player honors at the Wolstein Classic in which he led the Seahawks to two victories, including scoring both goals in a 2-1 double overtime win at Ohio State. UD freshman Guillermo Delgado was named Rookie of the Week after scoring three goals over the weekend to lead Delaware to season-opening victories over UNLV and Seattle University. The Spaniard contributed the Blue Hens’ first two goals against the Rebels, including the eventual game-winner.
On the women’s side, Hofstra’s Leah Galton received Player of the Week honors after finishing with six points, as Hofstra split a pair of games this past week. The sophomore had two goals and an assist in the Pride’s 6-5 setback to Boston College — a team that was receiving votes in national polls. Drexel’s Shyanne Kimbrough was named Rookie of the Week after scoring 3 goals — over just two appearances — including the game-tying tally in her collegiate debut versus Villanova. Broyles wraps up the minute with highlights of Delaware senior Lindsay Prettyman, who collected Women’s Cross Country Runner of the Week honors after leading the Blue Hens in the Mount St. Mary’s 5K Duals. Prettyman paced the ‘Hens by finishing 4th on the 5K course, helping Delaware defeat host Mount St. Mary’s, American, George Washington, and Maryland.
- CAA Names Spring Scholar-Athlete Award Winners
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 Delaware at James Madison
- Eleven CAA Baseball Players Named All-Region
- Drexel's Crawford Begins Play In Second U.S. Open
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 W&M at Towson
- Four CAAFB Players Named Preseason All-Americans
- W&M Duo Headlines 14 Players Taken In MLB Draft
- CAA Sports 2016-17 Year In Review
- Six CAA Players Named USILA Scholar All-Americans
- #CAAHoopsUnder25 UNCW at Charleston