Aug 30, 2013, 3:56 PM EST
With the start of CAA Football, Bobby Broyles kicks off Friday’s edition of the #CAAMinute with highlights of Towson’s 33-18 victory over FBS UConn in East Hartford, Conn., Thursday night. Junior RB Terrance West led the way for the Tigers with 36 carries for 156 yards and 2 touchdowns as coaches Rob Ambrose’s squad picked up their first win over a FBS opponent in school history. In other CAA Football news, Delaware first-year head coach Dave Brock and the Blue Hens downed Jacksonville, 51-35, despite falling behind 14-0 in the first quarter. Capable running back Andrew Pierce led a dominating UD rushing attack that amassed 373 yards on the ground for the team’s first win of 2013. Rhode Island also opened up its season last night against Fordham. Robbie Delgado rushed for over 100 yards as Rhody would finish with 277 yards on the ground before falling to Fordham, 51-26. … Broyles ends the minute explaining how the CAA’s fall sports season will be in full swing over the weekend, as men’s soccer, field hockey, cross country and volleyball teams open their seasons and women’s soccer continues non-conference play.
- Four CAAFB Teams Receive FCS Playoff Berths
- CAA Football Rewind - Nov. 18
- Dukes Capture Second Straight Volleyball Title
- JMU Captures ECAC Championship
- UNCW Faces UNC in NCAA Second Round
- Cougars, Dukes Earn VB Title Match Berths
- CAAFB Has Seven On Academic All-District Team
- Hofstra, JMU Punch #CAAChamps Semifinal Tickets
- UNCW Wins, WM Falls in NCAA First Round
- This Week In CAA Football - Week 12 Preview
@CAASports on Twitter
#CAASports on Instagram
There was an error retrieving images from Instagram. An attempt will be remade in a few minutes.